Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

It sounds like you may have already tried this, but on our Vizio TV's we have to go into Menu > Settings > Tuner and change from TV to Cable and then do an "Auto Channel Scan".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.25.30 PM.png
Views:	11
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	63038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.24.49 PM.png
Views:	10
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	63039  
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Darryl, Only because I just came in from working on updating my entire system with new antenna, new TV etc., etc. If you have the antenna mast that most of us do and he original antenna, there is a rotor for that antenna. Find the box that controls the rotor. That is where the first connection is made or the antenna on the roof to inside the coach. It them goes from that control box to an Archer amplifier, then to the switch box which distributes it to the various locations, Front, B.Room, VCR, etc. etc. So to get to the "source" find that control box and buy a barrel bolt connection if you don't already have one. It will connect two female coax cable connections. You will only need a few feet of coax to go to the TV direct. If it works then it is something in all the crappola in between. If not then it is you antenna. The antenna requires 12v to work, so if you can check up top to see if it is getting 12v to make sure might be an easier way to start. Nothing to tear into or out to get to. Call me if you need anymore info.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I will dig into it tomorrow like you say Jim. I do have the original pantograph style antenna. The rotor operates from the pendant. I will open up the control box. Rich, my Vizeos have the input selection on the remote, either direct or with the rocker. This is where it gives the choice of SmartCast, Watchfree, HDMI 1 and 2, Comp, and usually TV and Cable. The last two are not showing up. Normally I would choose TV or Cable and then the menu to find channels. I have reset the TV back to factory settings.
I will update tomorrow.Thanks everyone.

D

Last edited by Darryl; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:35 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Okay, just finished some testing and I still don’t have cable or antenna input on my TV’s.
1. Found antenna feed that goes into antenna rotor box and connected it directly to the TV.
Still nothing.
2. Connected TV directly to amp output- nothing.
3. Connected TV directly to routing switch- nothing.
4. We have 12v at antenna when rotating.
5. Connected TV directly to cable stand- nothing.
I’m at a stopping point. I think I will wait til I’m home in a week or so. Thanks for the help guys.
(I have screwed and unscrewed coax cable fittings so many times my hand is cramping)

Darryl

Last edited by Darryl; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:50 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Tom Blackwell

check at the antenna connection to the tv to be sure that there is not 12v on this connection. I had this problem last year after I replaced a splitter with the wrong kind. The tV would not respond to some commands. The has to be a dc block to keep the antenna power out of the tv. I could find nothing on the internet about this. A dc block rather than a passthrough splitter fixed the problem. The worst problem was trying to find the fault by trial and (mostly) error...
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi Tom, just checked at connection and there is not any voltage. Checked the cable stand outside too with no voltage. Thanks.