Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 05-05-2014

Default The love and care in this forum

Hi I am a wannabe not an owner. I have now read a lot in this forum many of the awfull stories of burning birds.

That turned me off on the whole wanderlodge thing....... Well for a night and then back on the wanderlodge more than ever. Why????
I will tell you why it is all you guys and gals here that make this forum. That take care of each other and help each other. If i ever needed help even if I live i Sweden I know there would be someone here to reach out. That is what turned me on full speed again on the wanderlodge.

I have a dream of going full time and going around the world in a wanderlodge. But I have a house with a little field. 4 cats a girlfriend (hope soon to be wife) and a job. I want to keep the house and to let other use it when needed. The economy are still in a dark place and if anyone need a place in would love to let them live in my house. But for that I need money to pay for the buss life and the house. So I fear the house most go or I have to rent it out. So no help for others there.

What I am trying to say is that if any of you guys or gals are in trouble near me. Get my email from the admin of this forum and mail me. I would be there in a jiffy with what ever I have to help.

When my house is sold or rented out I am looking for a buss in the range of 25000 that would need no big work because I have to take into account shipping registrating it in sweden or Denmark. That cost an arm and a leg maybe as much as double of what i pay for it. So It will still take me some time to get there but until then I will follow you all on your travels and dream.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2014
Forum owner

I visit RV junkyard where ever i go,and theres always a large number of burned trailers,and motorhomes.

I lost a good bird to a fire,a shorted battery cable did mine in.

I just bought a burned 1990WB and it was an arson deal,it was set on fire.
Not the Birds fault!

Good luck in your search,and your right,this group is better than family!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-05-2014

In comparison there are no more Bird fires than there are any other RV fire. Any RV is susceptible to fire, with all the powerful electrical wires running through it, not to mention the addition of propane in most. These systems generate a great amount of heat and where there is heat and combustibles, there is serious potential for fire.

Good luck with your dream and hopefully you will be able to enjoy a Wanderlodge as much as we enjoy ours.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 05-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
Hi I am a wannabe not an owner. I have now read a lot in this forum many of the awfull stories of burning birds.

That turned me off on the whole wanderlodge thing....... Well for a night and then back on the wanderlodge more than ever. Why????
I will tell you why it is all you guys and gals here that make this forum. That take care of each other and help each other. If i ever needed help even if I live i Sweden I know there would be someone here to reach out. That is what turned me on full speed again on the wanderlodge.

I have a dream of going full time and going around the world in a wanderlodge. But I have a house with a little field. 4 cats a girlfriend (hope soon to be wife) and a job. I want to keep the house and to let other use it when needed. The economy are still in a dark place and if anyone need a place in would love to let them live in my house. But for that I need money to pay for the buss life and the house. So I fear the house most go or I have to rent it out. So no help for others there.

What I am trying to say is that if any of you guys or gals are in trouble near me. Get my email from the admin of this forum and mail me. I would be there in a jiffy with what ever I have to help.

When my house is sold or rented out I am looking for a buss in the range of 25000 that would need no big work because I have to take into account shipping registrating it in sweden or Denmark. That cost an arm and a leg maybe as much as double of what i pay for it. So It will still take me some time to get there but until then I will follow you all on your travels and dream.

Thanks

Welcome Joakim. We are glad you here. Have you thought about dusting off the Passport and coming to the US to buy your bird? Make it a long trip of and stay as long as you can looking and buying a Wanderlodge. Travel America, return home after you find a place to park you coach and return again as soon as possible.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 05-05-2014

Default OOOHHH yes I have

And that was the plan to begin with. But But but I hate buts well not those buts :-) But these buts. It is the big Money Work life strogle thing that keeps me hanging here. I have 4 cats a live in girlfriend so all of that most be ready first to go. Then I have to figure out if I am ready to cut the ties sell the house quit the job and get on with my life.
There is also what if I put all my Money in a lemon buss uffffff I dont want to think about that.
Wish I could live from just being me :-) Tell some stories help Companys with there users and computers. Give advise on security and have seminars for the user and bosses on how to best get along with the tech on Work. That is my dream and then go metaldetecting in my free time.
Old 05-05-2014
Administrator

Hey Joakim,

We are glad you found us, we all learn from each other, just join in.