Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 10-15-2014

Default DUMPING

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentmac View Post
Pumping the brakes will not lower the suspension faster.
On my BMC, if i have depressed the HWH tab on my Jack Pad and hold the dump tab down for awhile and get down to about 70 lbs air on front and back, then let go of the dump tab and start pumping the brakes, the air goes down to almost zero, so it is definitely taking air out of the suspension at that point.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 10-15-2014

Hi,
The accessory air system(including suspension) comes off the secondary air chamber (feeds front brakes). When that chamber goes below 65 PSI the protection valve shuts the tank from the suspension to keep the brake system pressure up. Lowering pressure in this tank by pumping brakes will not effect suspension if valves are functional.

Last edited by dentmac; 10-15-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-20-2014

A couple of years ago rodents chewed holes through the air lines that run down the center of the undercarrage - not easy to get at. I had to replace all lines at a cost of thousands - thankfully my insurance covered most of it. Following that I purchase 8 electronic rodent traps and an electronic sonic repeller, montitor them regularly and have never had a problem.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 12-10-2014

We have continued to look for air leaks. An elbow or two were found to have small leaks and replaced. A big leak was found in the dryer that is for the accessory air compressors in the front driver side bay. It has a drain on it BUT is not very accessible. Buried behind foam etc behind and above the 110V ac compressor. The body of the unit had a big leak in it. A replacement was ordered but has to be made- no inventory. Maybe the unit failed because it had water in it and froze. There was no water when drain was opened.

If system holds air pressure, then I will not replace check valves which had been checked before and were OK. Otherwise I will replace check vavles as a precautionary measure.
Jim Colby
"Dream Catcher"
Old 12-10-2014
Geek

Interesting. The M380 does not have an air dryer there, just an air tank, which does have a drain in the bottom.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 12-10-2014

Hi,
Don, the 450 has the accessory tank also , with a drain. This little water separator is in line before the accessory tank. It has a glass sight glass which is impossible to see and a stop cock on the bottom.
Mine was corroded and the sight glass was cracked. I removed the glass and filled the holes with "Rapid Fix" glue. (Thanks Ed W. !) Still holding after a year but you remind me that it should be replaced.I can use a different brand as there is more room there now because I removed the 12 v compressor and hung it upside down from the shelf above. Because it is suspended, it is also quieter.
Check the function of the 12v compressor. Mine was wrecked from the water .
Old 12-11-2014

The tech tells me that the dessicant air dryer is a replacable unit. Like a spin on filter! It had not been replaced. The housing that it screws into broke when the filter was removed and the unit that it screwed into showed corrosion and cracks. The replacement unit for the spin on dessicant air dryer is now on order. Getting closer to solving the accessory air leaks!
"Dream Catcher"
Old 12-25-2014

The accessory air system leaks have been fixed. The system now holds 120 psi overnight.

The following parts were replaced:
Norgren part # air dryer regulator F73G-4AN-QD3 $133
" " air dryer filter BX5013672 $114
" " Filter Housing assembly BX801731 $401
The spin on filter is steel and was screwed on to an aluminum base which had threads that were gauled. It had not been replaced in 8 years.
The filter and drains etc were not visible and were missed when servicing. All this stuff is in the bay below the drivers window and behind metal surfaces and or foam insulation.

I also found and replaced the Webasto furnace fuel filter. Napa part # 86107. It was located in the wheel well for the curb side driver wheels forward and behind a metal sheild- what a place for a replaceable filter!!
"Dream Catcher"