Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 12-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The only documentation for this job would have been the operators manual for the Scholastic Webasto and the Bill. You can down load info on the Webasto. A simple search on line should do the trick.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=11770

I looked up a thread for you.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 12-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Get yourself some paper and a pencil, follow the hoses and yourself a drawing.
If you need to,get some colored electrical tape and mark the lines so its easy to figure it out.
Homey lowes has a package of maybe 5 colors of tape,put a color on each end of the hose,(same color of course).
I can do that. We have the Webasto Scholastic School Bus manual and it shows installation instructions, etc. Fuel supply is tapped off of the Racor.
Thanks,
Liz
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 12-19-2016

Hi Ned,

It sounds like you're getting ready to make the change over. My system is not a school bus model. It's a DBW2010.

Two pumps was easy. I bought my boiler from Rick Shawver. It came with a super cool case which had a Hella pump as part of the assembly already mounted. It was set up to take or "pull" from the return line and pump it through the boiler then back up into the coach on the feed lines. Since Primus used two pumps, I felt it a good idea to add the second given the amount of volume and distance the fluid needs to travel. I bought a duplicate pump off of ebay and mounted it to the rear wall of the aforementioned case. It "pushes" the fluid upon exit from the Webasto through the feed lines back into the coach.

I also changed out the two Primus plastic over-flow tanks to a single, 3x larger over-flow tank made out of stainless (see pic). Balancing the small tanks was kind of difficult. Given that the system went from two completely separate zones to one large controlled zone there is some engineering work to be done to figure out exact rates of flow, expansion, return, etc., that frankly I'm not smart enough to do. After speaking with some others on the WOG I decided to go to the single larger tank and eliminate the balancing act altogether. I was sold on this idea after spending Thanksgiving weekend balancing the two out.

I also replaced the original snap discs that fire the fans on the convectors. I bought adjustables that range from 90 - 130 degrees. It was worth the piece of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
Gerry, I agree with Rick, thanks for the great write-up on your clean and versatile installation. I am particularly interested in your new 2-into-1 plumbing design, the valving for adjustable flow is intriguing, but I will definitely borrow the two pump design--a pusher AND a puller is bound to do good things for heat circulation.

Good luck with diesel heat. Is it a schoolbus heater model?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank installed_1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	46485