Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 12-20-2019

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
No Randy , we are in Hatfield Pa where it is a balmy 16 Degrees , but it should reach 34 today .
OK I think I know what your problem is!

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 12-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
This morning as usual after having heat for a few hours it was again blowing cold air . So I went outside to see what happens when it blows cold air . I found the motor still running and the unit blowing white smoke , but the exhaust was cold . Things that make you go hmmm
Things that can cause that problem:
electrodes out of adjustment
air in fuel system (check fuel filter)
bad nozzle
fuel pressure wrong
fuel pump bad
ignition coil intermittent

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 12-20-2019

old filter can cause bubbles as it partly blocked that can cause flame out
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 12-20-2019

If you got white smoke. Change your nozzle out and clean or check the burn chamber. White smoke is a good sign of unburned fuel after the unit is up to operating temperature and if it smokes a lot during cooldown mode. I installed a new Webasto 2010 in place of my Primus a few weeks ago. The Webasto 2010 is the exact same burner head and chamber that is in the Aquahot. It ran great for a day of so then puffs of white smoke and would then not light when it was cold without help. I tied lots different things like checking the ignitor gaps and fuel pressure checks and it turned out to be a bad nozzle causing all the issues. The burn chamber was also had some come deposits inside it too. I had ran between 8 and 15 gallons of fuel in 5 gallon cans before it had the issues. I even tore the nozzle apart to see how it was made and it had crud and little dirt particles in it. It still has the factory filter that came with the unit so I do not understand what got in it.
I Installed a new nozzle and it works great now.

Hope this helps.
Had 81 FC35
937-407-0079

Last edited by Alever; 12-20-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Wording.....brain going faster than my typing.
Old 12-20-2019

Default White smoke

We just had a major white smoke issue with our Aqua Hot. Turned out to be the nozzle, it appeared to have a varnish like deposit on the nozzle that would definitely have interfered with the fuel injection. The nozzle was 2 years old and had about 6 hours of use, we do live in California. No more smoke and we are ready for Quartzite.
Old 12-20-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alever View Post
If you got white smoke. Change your nozzle out and clean or check the burn chamber. White smoke is a good sign of unburned fuel after the unit is up to operating temperature and if it smokes a lot during cooldown mode. I installed a new Webasto 2010 in place of my Primus a few weeks ago. The Webasto 2010 is the exact same burner head and chamber that is in the Aquahot. It ran great for a day of so then puffs of white smoke and would then not light when it was cold without help. I tied lots different things like nozzle adjustment checks and it turned out to be a bad nozzle causing all the issues. The burn chamber was also had some come deposits inside it too. I had ran between 8 and 15 gallons of fuel in 5 gallon cans before it had the issues. Tore nozzle apart and it had crud and little dirt particles in it. New nozzle and it works great now.

Hope this helps.

Allan,how about a writeup and pics to prove this really happened?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-20-2019

Randy, the pictures will be coming of the install when its complete. I was trying to get it working on the coldest day we had this year since I was unable to get the bus in storage due to crazy work schedule and both my mother and mother-inlaw having health issues. I have been fighting a crud/debris in the loop when I started this during the summer. Flushed both loops for a few hours. I installed a strainer inline on the return to catch it but it keeps plugging up. The debris only moves around when it gets hot. I have gotten a bigger strainer and temporarily piped it in to try to get the system clean.
I got the bus put up a few days ago before the salt hit the roads. All the good install pictures are on my broken phone.
I got the pictures of the strainer to prove it was full!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191118_091820.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	65589   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191118_152056.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	65590  
Had 81 FC35
937-407-0079
Old 12-20-2019

Second hand story here. Another WOG member had an issue like yours that he chaised for a year or so. Several parts had been replaced, etc. They would test the coil and it would be okay, but that is the problem with an intermittent coil. He finally got to a technician that said to " replace the coil, it's always the coil". Coil was replaced, aquahot was good after that.
I thought I would share this story that I was told by that WOG member.
Hope you figure out your issue. When your aquahot doesn't work, it is not fun.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 12-20-2019
RV Appraiser

This past summer we had issues with our Aquahot and had the tech check it out in Shipshewana, it turned out to be a snap disc thermostat. He replace a snap disc and all worked fine but when we got in Canada we had the same issue. Once back in Shipshewana we had the other snap disc replaced, two days later we had the rest changed. The tech said the Chinese units will come apart on the inside but will work until you hit a bump in the road, the next bump may reset them. So I bought a couple spares. Strange I know.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-21-2019

Al,

Just because the controller was replaced, don’t automatically rule it out. Had mine replaced a year ago. Similar symptoms to yours a month after. Had to replace it again. Luckily it was still covered under the very short warranty.
VerleyBird