Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-10-2020
Captain Fred Captain Fred is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Boston
Posts: 332
Default 2020 Disney and Clearwater Rally

OK, first big trip in the Bird. We are about 1200 miles done and are overnighting in Seven Oaks Campground, Savannah Ga. Longest day so far was about 465 mi. The old bus hasn't missed a beat. Been running about 65-70 @2200-2300rpm towing our Wrangler 4 dr. Lost it down to 45-50 on a few hills but other than that pretty much kept up with traffic. Stopped first night @ Dove Valley Winery in Rising Sun Md. If that stop was any indication of the Harvest Host program I would Highly recommend it. The hosts were awesome and we had a great time at their wine and cheese pairing. Bought some wine and cheese and had a quiet night of rest at their location. Second night @ Pedros, South of The Border. Good overnight stop but wouldn't think of it for extended stay. Level pads, full hookup with 50 amps. Seven Oaks, nice campground, friendly folks and quiet. would recommend it. Next stop Jacksonville, then Kissimmee , Disney, another campground in Kissimmee and the off to Clearwater for the rally.
EXCITED !!
__________________
Fred Penney
North Billerica, Massachusetts
1987FC35SB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2020
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,690
Default

Sounds like it is all good
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2020
shaaksma's Avatar
shaaksma shaaksma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: DMV
Posts: 1,577
Default

Hope rest of trip is just as smooth. Post some pics when time allows!
__________________
The Haaksmas
Huntingtown, MD
87FC 2015-2019


Back to wanna be status
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2020
Good Ole Bird's Avatar
Good Ole Bird Good Ole Bird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Larose
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Sounds like it is all good

Except the Disney ****..
__________________
Flee from the wrath to come!!!


Good Ole Bird - 1980 FC35 250T

Rockpapa

Larose, LA
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2020
Steelwheels's Avatar
Steelwheels Steelwheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque & Downers Grove
Posts: 1,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fred View Post
OK, first big trip in the Bird. We are about 1200 miles done and are overnighting in Seven Oaks Campground, Savannah Ga. Longest day so far was about 465 mi. The old bus hasn't missed a beat. Been running about 65-70 @2200-2300rpm towing our Wrangler 4 dr. Lost it down to 45-50 on a few hills but other than that pretty much kept up with traffic. Stopped first night @ Dove Valley Winery in Rising Sun Md. If that stop was any indication of the Harvest Host program I would Highly recommend it. The hosts were awesome and we had a great time at their wine and cheese pairing. Bought some wine and cheese and had a quiet night of rest at their location. Second night @ Pedros, South of The Border. Good overnight stop but wouldn't think of it for extended stay. Level pads, full hookup with 50 amps. Seven Oaks, nice campground, friendly folks and quiet. would recommend it. Next stop Jacksonville, then Kissimmee , Disney, another campground in Kissimmee and the off to Clearwater for the rally.
EXCITED !!

65-70 at 2200-2300 ? Is that just a round about figure or accurate ?
__________________
Kiki B
Downers Grove, IL
87fc35
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2020
Gatorgrl's Avatar
Gatorgrl Gatorgrl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 2,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ole Bird View Post
Except the Disney ****..
Agreed!

Must be nice to have the 300 turbo Cat. At 65 we are pushing 2500 rmp's but of course we are only 250 turbo Cat. Enjoy your trip and thanks for the Harvest Host review.
__________________
Dana (The Wanderer, Builder, Restorer)
Tony (The Grumpy Mechanic)

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2020
al perna al perna is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ormond fla
Posts: 2,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fred View Post
OK, first big trip in the Bird. We are about 1200 miles done and are overnighting in Seven Oaks Campground, Savannah Ga. Longest day so far was about 465 mi. The old bus hasn't missed a beat. Been running about 65-70 @2200-2300rpm towing our Wrangler 4 dr. Lost it down to 45-50 on a few hills but other than that pretty much kept up with traffic. Stopped first night @ Dove Valley Winery in Rising Sun Md. If that stop was any indication of the Harvest Host program I would Highly recommend it. The hosts were awesome and we had a great time at their wine and cheese pairing. Bought some wine and cheese and had a quiet night of rest at their location. Second night @ Pedros, South of The Border. Good overnight stop but wouldn't think of it for extended stay. Level pads, full hookup with 50 amps. Seven Oaks, nice campground, friendly folks and quiet. would recommend it. Next stop Jacksonville, then Kissimmee , Disney, another campground in Kissimmee and the off to Clearwater for the rally.
EXCITED !!
Fred, If you push an extra 85 miles your welcome to stay at my place tonight in Ormond beach . Don is there now and I'm sure would love some company and who knows maybe you have something he can fix , lol
Exit 273
make left
5 miles on left behind the Paraná s Bar
The best Hamburgers in the state
__________________
AL & ERIKA

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2020
Captain Fred Captain Fred is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Boston
Posts: 332
Default

Al thank you so much for the offer to stay. we already have reservations for tonight in Jacksonville and then 3 nights in Kissimmee.
Kiki, yes those are pretty accurate numbers on rpm and speed. Speedo pretty close to gps so am thinking it is accurate.
Meeting family in Disney so its all good.
Should have a check on fuel mileage tonite.
Shawn, loving the bus and having a great trip. First time Donna and I have taken a month long vacation. Knew last night we are finally in the South. All the trees are covered in Spanish Moss. LOL
__________________
Fred Penney
North Billerica, Massachusetts
1987FC35SB
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2020
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 36,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Fred, If you push an extra 85 miles your welcome to stay at my place tonight in Ormond beach . Don is there now and I'm sure would love some company and who knows maybe you have something he can fix , lol
Exit 273
make left
5 miles on left behind the Paraná s Bar
The best Hamburgers in the state

If i had known you live behind a bar i would have been there long ago!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2020
kg4rrx's Avatar
kg4rrx kg4rrx is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
If i had known you live behind a bar i would have been there long ago!

Next rally?
__________________
Chris Henry
Fayetteville, GA
87FC
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quartzsite 2020 Rally (aka Q14) curtsprenger Birds Of a Feather (BOF) 88 02-26-2020 02:50 PM
Clearwater Rally 2020 Info jimbonich Rallies 80 02-14-2020 10:00 AM
Flywheelers rally Jan 2020 Randy Dupree Rallies 128 01-24-2020 08:55 PM
WOG rally 2020 info! atckip Rallies 77 01-15-2020 10:18 AM
Will there be a Clearwater Rally 2018? (former Parliament Rally) Kev Rallies 1 12-11-2017 03:30 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.