Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 08-28-2012
Old Guy

Default New Tires Question

OK I am ready to order 6 new tires on the Advantage program and need one bit of information.
The available tires are XZA1 or XZA3 Energy. The Energy tires are $36 more per tire. I can find the only difference as 2.9% better mileage with the Energy tire.

My wife wants to know which rides the softest? From the posts it appears most WOGers have gone with the Energy tire.

Please comment on your decision of which tire.
My guess is that there is little difference between the tires.
314-378-9882
Old 08-28-2012
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryKehler View Post
OK I am ready to order 6 new tires on the Advantage program and need one bit of information.
The available tires are XZA1 or XZA3 Energy. The Energy tires are $36 more per tire. I can find the only difference as 2.9% better mileage with the Energy tire.

My wife wants to know which rides the softest? From the posts it appears most WOGers have gone with the Energy tire.

Please comment on your decision of which tire.
My guess is that there is little difference between the tires.
I believe (I'm at work right now) that mine are XZA3's which ride great! As an opportunity for another shameless ad, (unless it is a safety issue and can't wait), don't forget that there will be Michelin tires being installed at the RATS rally in October. Get new tires while you have a good time visiting with your Wanderlodge friends! Saves a special trip to the tire place...

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 08-28-2012

I don't see an XZA3 Energy at Michelin's site.

XZA3 + Evertread
XZA2 Energy

Main difference I see is that the XZA3 + Evertread is a directional tire tread.

I just installed new 315 80R 22.5's XZA2 Energy's and they ride like a dream. Can't say if the XZA3+Evertread do the same but would think they have to be similar.
Old 08-28-2012
Old Guy

My mistake they are XZA1 and XZA2.
I can't wait until RATS. Current tires are 13 years old and I am going to creep the 10 miles to the tire store.
Because of sickness, the Bird has not moved except forward and back 6 feet every month or so for the last 4 years.
314-378-9882