Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-30-2018
RV Appraiser

Default Another Center AC Leak

On our 95 mid entry the center ac has developed a leak. It is leaking down the valance on the street side of the coach. Right through the light fixtures.

It appears I may have 3 drains, one for the front unit, another for the rear unit then the center unit.

When I have the front ac on it drains from the front wheel well, the rear is forward the rear wheel and the center drains out the bottom of the coach forward the aqua hot.

First I thought I had a roof leak but not this time.

Any suggestions on fixing the center ac leak, do I need to pull down panels, if so how do I take the down? Or can it just be an o-ring on the drain for the drip pan? Thanks for the assistance.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Last edited by birds_first; 09-30-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2018

I had the same problem with my front ac. Shot a short burst of compressed air up the drain hose and it starting draining again. Also, the drainage had Benn running across the roof and entering the coach at screw holes. Sealed the screws.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 10-01-2018

It's probably the same as happened to my bedroom AC; there's a "T" junction connecting the PEX lines coming from the drains through the metal roof. They run above the plywood and finish trim ceiling. One of the tubes will pull out of the junction about 1/8 inch or so and allow the condensate to flow on the plywood. The ceiling curvature takes it over to the valence.

Two solutions: one is to block the two tubes leading down through the roof and let the water flow across the bus roof and down the sides; the other is to drop the ceiling and repair the junction.

Here's my writeup on doing it in the bedroom; living room should be similar:
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=31226

Good luck with it.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022