Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 06-16-2009

Default DRY AQUA HOT

I hope everyone is surviving the recession.
Remember this too will come to pass.
I have an AQUA-HOT question.
I know that the AQUA-HOT system and the fresh water system are independent of one another BUT
does the AQUA-HOT system get damaged if the Aqua-Hot breaker is turned on activating the AQUA-HOT and there is no fresh water in the tank?
CHEERS

Frank Sanchez
1998 LXI
Delaware
Old 06-17-2009
Aqua-Hot Auth Service

Default RE: Dry Aqua-Hot

It will not damage your Aqua-Hot to run it with no fresh water in the fresh water heating loop.

You can also run the Aqua-Hot with your system 'Winterized'.

- Roger Berke -
Moderator - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/HydronicRVHeating/
Old 06-17-2009

Frank,
I'll only add to what Roger has indicated by stating that there was an upgrade to the thermostat and safety system on the Aquahots. It was probably done BEFORE your unit was made, but I'm not exactly sure off the top of my head when it was. The early units only had 3 thermostats, one of which was a dual unit. This particular thermostat is affected by high temps and can burn out/up. I don't think it would do any real damage, but the unit will not operate if this happens. The newer units split this out to 2 separate thermostats, so there are 4 total. My 96 originally had the 3 part system. Since Roger (who is definitely the AH guru out there) did not mention anything about this aspect, I'll bet your unit is probably new enough to be the 4 thermostat system. A quick call the AquaHot would allow you to confirm which you've got by the system serial number. If you have the old system, it's now about $100 in parts and fairly easy to do.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 06-17-2009
Aqua-Hot Auth Service

Default Aqua-Hot

There is a pretty good discussion of thermostats for the older Aqua-Hot units on this group, here: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20152&postcount=25

The first Aqua-Hot units only had one thermostat (control) on the electric side. The kit upgrades the thermostats to add a high limit thermostat. This is a safety device to shut the electric off in the unlikely event that the control thermostat sticks closed.

You can remove the cover from the thermostat compartment on the inside of the Aqua-Hot and quickly check to see if you have 4 thermostats.

- Roger Berke -
Old 06-18-2009

Default Aqua Hot

Thanks guys its great to have you as a support group.

I will check this P.M.

Thanks for taking the interest to respond.

Frank Sanchez
1998 LXI
Delaware