Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > How to properly tow your 'Bird

How to properly tow your 'Bird Here you will find some opinions on what some of our members did when they had to have their 'Bird towed by a wrecker service.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Safe to say.........stuck in the mud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvC9Ijzx4Ow
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

The first thing the owner of the coach said was "i almost made it".
HAH!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Wrecker driver very professional and careful. Rv owner not so much.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

We have had the same type of action in our side yard, unfortunately. The new owner of our previous bird tried to turn around and went off the hard pack and got stuck down to the bottom the tank. Rear tire was stuck on a submerged pine tree stump. The big rotator had to be called. Wrecked our side yard, but luckily we just use it to store our extra vehicles so it wasn't a huge loss.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Well I can't say anything. Those of you that have been to my place know what I mean. When you come off the main road to my driveway it is a real PIA! It was the best I could do, given the way the property lines are set up. But anyway, we went to B@B about 4 years ago. When I left I didn't think I was going to get out, because we still had at least 6" of snow on the ground and the driveway was nothing but ice. I spent two days spreading salt and sand on the drive to get rid of the ice at the inclines at least. There are about three in the half mile driveway. We made it, went to Myrtle Beach for some needed warmth and sun. Came home. The snow was pretty much gone and so was the ice, but the grass along the driveway was "mush!!" You have an extremely sharp turn that would almost be a U-Turn in some opinions, to get into my driveway. I still had the "markers" out along the driveway to show where the gravel is, for snow plowing, because they were still needed when I left. I should have stopped, pulled the makers at the entrance, so I could negotiate the turn, without worrying about them, but NO!! that would have been too logical. I turned in, thinking I could make it by going forward into the grassy area "just a little" with the front wheels. The lightest axel on the bus right and keep the drives on the gravel, to push me through and back onto the gravel. Well that went to h**l pretty quick. The front started sinking so quick I could feel it and so I gave it more gas and well, you probably know how this was going to end I had watched Tim Allen on Tool Time too many times and thought "MORE POWER!!! HEY! HEY!" was the answer and Just like Tim Allen usually was wrong, so was I Before I knew it the bus just stopped and that 500hp Detroit wasn't enough POWER!!! Fortunately CoachNet doesn't care if you are in a campground, on the road, or in your own driveway. They sent a wrecker and I took off the front of the gennie and he hooked onto the tow loops in front and pulled me out. But man was there a lot of mud under that thing. I pressure washed that thing three times underneath before I got it all out of the nooks and crannies. Lesson learned

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 2 Weeks Ago

There is an old saying that comes to mind and I think it's very appropriate here.

" If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you need to do in order to get out is Quit Digging""

The depth of his drive axle wheels, especially the right ones, leads me to believe that he took a long time to come to the realization that I need to call a professional And I need to quit spinning

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift

Last edited by max hendrix; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:39 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I’m with Dana. You stay off the grass down here in South Florida. It’s wet year round and you will sink so fast. I was going to try to save $ using gravel, but did 6 inches of concrete so I never get stuck.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I am surprised that his Plastic Fantatstic did not have any severe stress cracks. The sidewalls are not forgiving.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 2 Weeks Ago

The very first part of the video right slides are partially out driver thought it would help with weight distribution not staples and plastic must stress fairly good.