Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 04-27-2012
WanderBee

Default 2004 M380

I believe this one has gotten just a little bit warm in the back end.

Almost looks like the exhaust pipe may have been the source of the "warmth".

http://www.karolinakoaches.com/2004-...-29673/3794696
Marietta, GA
Old 04-27-2012

It looks like it was backed into something. I couldn't tell any scorch marks?
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 04-27-2012
WanderBee

Check the pictures and look near the bottom of the group - definitely a fire in the bedroom closet.

Marietta, GA
Old 04-27-2012

Sorry- there were 87 photos, and I didn't take the time to check them all out. I wonder if this would be a salvage title?
Old 04-27-2012

I see evidence of water damage to that laminate floor, also. The seams are lifting
Old 04-27-2012
WanderBee

Probably from the firemen putting out the fire.

Its a project. The body work and interior damage look fixable (albeit with considerable effort). The wiring?? That scares the bejeezus out of me!
Marietta, GA
Old 04-27-2012

I betcha Febreeze wouldn't touch that smokey smell-
Old 04-27-2012
cmillsap

If the rusty exhaust pipe in the engine compartment is any indication, I'm bettin' that fire was caused by a rusted through muffler allowing hot exhaust to kindle the fire.

Here's a picture perfect example to remind all BB owners whose coach has the exhaust running out the top to check that exhaust system, especially the muffler for rust. The design of these systems require holes in the roof around where the exhaust exits to help remove the radiant heat from the muffler. Consequently, that allows rainwater to enter the area and cause accelerated rust on the muffler and pipes. The heat and water will also dererriorate the insulation on the walls around the muffler tunnel and needs to be inspected regularily. This design really promotes a fire hazard that requires its being watched after carefully.

Coned replacement mufflers and drain lines have been retrofitted on most coaches which helps reduce the potential fire danger but doesn't eliminate it.

Some owners have wrapped the muffler in an insulation blanket in hopes that will protect the muffler from rusting. However, from what I have seen on some other coaches that I have inspected; the insulation blanket accelerated the deterrioration of the muffler because the moisture gets trapped inside the blanket and causes the muffler to quickly rust.

Chuck
Old 04-27-2012

Default M380 exhaust fire.

I saw this M380 at an auction site and I think the M380 owners should take a serious look. The problem is the exhaust routed through the rear wall to the roof. The thing is up for bid with a good SC title, having repaired a Blue Bird with an interior fire this one has been cleaned inside. One of the pictures you can see the exhaust pipe out the roof has a hole in it at the bend. So my uneducated guess is that the pipe in the wall caused the fire. I like the M380 and am considering one but that issue would have to be taken care of. I wanted to list this warrning so you guys can take a good look in there and be aware of the issue. Thanks
Old 04-27-2012
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
Probably from the firemen putting out the fire.

Its a project. The body work and interior damage look fixable (albeit with considerable effort). The wiring?? That scares the bejeezus out of me!
Jonathan,

I not sure where the wiring conduit runs yet on my M380. It would appear that there may be minor damage to some 12v rear lights wiring. The 120V distribution panel is located below the TV in the lowest compartment which would indicate to me that most of the wiring comes up from the bays underneath and may not be damaged at all. If someone that's handy could buy it at a cheap price, they might be able to get a late model Wanderlodge with just a little money and time invested.