Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:

Old 12-13-2012
RV Appraiser

An easy way to find an insurance company is to do a Google Search on the Internet, try Agreed Value, RV Insurance, & "your state". Not all companies proved the "Agreed Value in every state they are licensed to do business in, I don't know why but that is just the way it is. Some states don't even allow agreed value insurance coverage in their state, and again I don't know why. Texas is one such state.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-13-2012
Thomas Rembert

I didn't mean that it isn't listed as a Wanderlodge, just that it's rated as a bus converstion to get the Agreed Value Insurance.
2018 Allegro Bus 45ft 4 slide
Alachua, FL/Blackhawk, CO.
Old 12-13-2012
Bill&Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
An easy way to find an insurance company is to do a Google Search on the Internet, try Agreed Value, RV Insurance, & "your state". Not all companies proved the "Agreed Value in every state they are licensed to do business in, I don't know why but that is just the way it is. Some states don't even allow agreed value insurance coverage in their state, and again I don't know why. Texas is one such state.
Hi John,

As the new kid on the block, I may have some current info that you are not aware of.

First, I got a quote from millerrvinsurance.com of $897, and that did include Agreed Value coverage.

While I was cooling my heels at Camping World in Katy, TX (a place I will never visit again) and thumbing through Motorhome, I saw an ad for Good Sam insurance. I called and spoke with what seemed a very knowledgeable gal who quoted me a premium in excess of $2000. I told her I didn't think so. When she asked me if I had any other quotes I told her about Miller. She said since I already had a quote from someone else she could go out and shop for insurance. (What that has to do with the price of tea in China I have no idea.) I told her not to bother unless she could beat the $897 price.

She called back 30 minutes later and quoted $799, again with Agreed Value coverage. AND: in READING through my policy it also includes $750 of roadside assistance. Guess I jumped the gun on buying Coach Net.

I am looking at my policy right now, and in particular, form RVMT00211TX (09-09). I'm sure you can find that on the TX Insurance Board's web site.
The form is titled "Agreed Value Coverage".

I'm not exactly sure who the perpetrator of this is, but the cover on the document Says ALLIED INSURANCE 800-282-1446.

The Declarations Page lists Colonial County Mutual in Des Moines - 800-282-1448. Given the almost identical phone numbers, it is obvious they are one and the same.

Again on the Declarations Page it lists at the very top:

No. Yr Make VIN Value Settlement Option
1 99 Wanderlodge 4BBCRB etc 110000 AV

At the bottom of the page it reads:
Physical Damage Settlement Option: ACV= Actual Cash Value, TLR= Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price, AV= Agreed Value

I am convinced of two things. I have Agreed Value coverage and I live in TX.

Oh yeah... I called Blue Sky and they sent me a quote of $849 and the quote makes no mention of Agreed Value coverage.
Old 12-13-2012

Blue Sky will also insure your Wanderlodge and tow vehicle if it's in a Montana LLC.
Old 12-13-2012
RV Appraiser

Thanks for the update. I'm not in the insurance business so I don't even attempt to keep up with the policies of all 50 states I can only go with what I have been told by members of the forum or past appraisal clients. If insurance companies are now offering Agreed Value Insurance in Texas that's good news. It dosen't matter to me who an owner gets coverage through I just try to stress the importance of having the correct insurance to meet your needs. Just ask those who did not have the correct coverage about the heartache and pain they expierenced when they had a loss. Lastly insurance companies will not issue an Agreed Value Policy without it being asked for.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-14-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

John, I have everything I own insured through State farm. If I insure the Bus with another company, what about my towed? Does it matter if is it still with SF?
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 12-14-2012
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
John, I have everything I own insured through State farm. If I insure the Bus with another company, what about my towed? Does it matter if is it still with SF?
I also have all State Farm (home, cars, business, coach). I found previously that when I insured the coach with another company my State Farm umbrella policy went way up. Kind of neutralized any possible savings.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 12-14-2012
Bill&Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
I also have all State Farm (home, cars, business, coach). I found previously that when I insured the coach with another company my State Farm umbrella policy went way up. Kind of neutralized any possible savings.
I have had home and auto with American National for years. Every couple or so I "test them" and get quotes from others. Sometimes I will find the auto for less. USAA beats their auto rates, but are way higher on the homeowner's.

I thought about getting auto from USAA and keeping homeowner's with American National, but without the auto/home discount from American National, it would been a total savings of $9. Not enough to change from a company that paid an 18K liability claim (water damage to a neighbor's house) and not only didn't cancel me, they didn't even raise my rates.

As for those commercials claiming that so and so saved $832 by switching from so and so, the few times I have responded to one of those, they were HUNDREDS of dollars higher than what I had.
Old 12-14-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
Good point
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 12-14-2012
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
Mallie, That would be a question for your insurance companies. I have seperate coverage on my toad as well. I have not investigated it but I have heard that a trailer is covered on your coach policy when the trailer is in tow. I don't know if that would apply to your car. Good question, maybe someone else can provide their opinion.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_