Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 03-05-2013

Do the same apply for a 2003 LX as far as school bus windshields??? I need both left and right.
I think I remember coachcraft buy some windshield's at the auction. I will call them next. Randy???
Old 03-05-2013

I had my passenger side replaced at the house for less than 350 here in Atlanta last year
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 03-05-2013

Dennis & Joan,

I got my drivers windshield thru the Florida Blue Bird school bus dealer. They called BB and gave them my coach# (F122667) and had the glass shipped to them. I imagine your local glass company could do the same. The estimate was approved by my insurance company.
www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=168
Old 03-05-2013

Use the numbers in the lower corners of each plate. Anybody can order it from those.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 03-21-2013

A recent chip in our driver's windshield prompted me to start investigating the availability of replacement windshields and rubber gaskets. Our windshields were made by Gaurdian so I started with them. Calling the main # soon led me to a conversation with a person at their plant in Findlay, Ohio.

Turns out all the codes located in the lower corner of the windshields are useless to them..??.., but I identified the year, make & model and she asked that I measure the height of the glass. Once I said 32" she said that was all they needed and proceeded to e-mail me the part #'s and let me know they have them in stock. To get pricing and gasket info I'd have to talk to a dealer.

Called Gaurdian in Scottsdale, Az. spoke to Crystal and relayed the #'s and asked for pricing and if the gaskets were available.

She called me back with the saying the windshields were available from the warehouse and that the gaskets would need to be ordered from Oregon. Total cost for both windshields and gaskets installed would be $1,350.

I am a bit skeptical of all this as I was under the impression that these items were hard to obtain. But if someone needs late model FC windshields this is encouraging news.

"Dealer" #'s for windshields are :030-0347203 for the passenger side and 030-0347211 for the driver's side.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2013
Satellite dish installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Sarich View Post
Total cost for both windshields and gaskets installed would be $1,350..
I would do more research and try to get pricing from a few sources, since others here have purchased one side for less than $350...

I also recall that the amount of shaded glass from the top edge can be different...

Les & Debra Willey
LesdotWilleyatSkywaySupplydotca
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
I would do more research and try to get pricing from a few sources, since others here have purchased one side for less than $350...

I also recall that the amount of shaded glass from the top edge can be different...
The measurement of the shading is crucial to get a perfect match with the opposing windshield. When ordering from Guardian, it is easy. Ordering through the insurance company's glass subcontractor can be painful. I specified 12" and got 4". I made them send it back and get the proper one. This was after telling Duncan Group that the shading was important, but.......
87 FC SOLD
89 SP SOLD
94 WB SOLD
95 WB 42
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2015 GMC Acadia
207-939-3816
Old 03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Sarich View Post
A recent chip in our driver's windshield prompted me to start investigating the availability of replacement windshields and rubber gaskets. Our windshields were made by Gaurdian so I started with them. Calling the main # soon led me to a conversation with a person at their plant in Findlay, Ohio.

Turns out all the codes located in the lower corner of the windshields are useless to them..??.., but I identified the year, make & model and she asked that I measure the height of the glass. Once I said 32" she said that was all they needed and proceeded to e-mail me the part #'s and let me know they have them in stock. To get pricing and gasket info I'd have to talk to a dealer.

Called Gaurdian in Scottsdale, Az. spoke to Crystal and relayed the #'s and asked for pricing and if the gaskets were available.

She called me back with the saying the windshields were available from the warehouse and that the gaskets would need to be ordered from Oregon. Total cost for both windshields and gaskets installed would be $1,350.

I am a bit skeptical of all this as I was under the impression that these items were hard to obtain. But if someone needs late model FC windshields this is encouraging news.

"Dealer" #'s for windshields are :030-0347203 for the passenger side and 030-0347211 for the driver'http://www.nationalbus.com/School_Buses_For_Sale_Idaho/Blue_Bird_School_Buses_For_Sale_Idaho.aspxs side.

Hope this helps.

Kevin, Do yourself a huge favor and contact these folks. They should be able to save you BIG $.
http://www.nationalbus.com/School_Bu...ale_Idaho.aspx
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656

Last edited by Rick; 03-21-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-22-2013

Thanks for the info Rick. I'll give those folks a call.

Luckily, I actually don't need new glass yet. I was wrongly under the assumption that both the windshields and gaskets for late model FC's were hard to find....must have been a thread on another model that I read. What surprised me was that Gaurdian couldn't use their own #'s on the glass to identify them. As was mentioned shading is important and I was hoping those identifiers would pinpoint the proper windshield.

As a side note the gal at the dealership figured I was price shopping (well why not?) because the person at her warehouse said another dealer had called earlier looking for the same windshields.
Old 07-09-2013

Our trip out west the last few weeks led to a chip and subsequent cracked passenger window, and a large chip in the driver window. I worked through the insurance company (Travelers) who recommended Duncan Systems as the folks they normally work with for glass work (who then drop ship the glass to a local shop to do the replacement).

The part numbers from my 1987 FC Windshields that Duncan was able to cross reference were:

2694 (Driver Side - there was also a '-7D' after this number, but was not needed)
2686 (Passenger Side - there was also a '-1A3' after this number, I think, it was worn, but also not needed)

These window also had the following text above the part number:
"Guardian
Safety Float
Shaded
Laminated
AS-1-87 GG-M85
DOT 22"