Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 03-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
To reiterate, it is in show room condition in and out. Nicest FC I've dealt with, hopefully it goes to an owner that is worthy and understands the rarity. As in not tearing out the carpet and replacing with that cheap wood flooring junk so many seem to love.
They're only original once.
As nice as these coaches are, some things CAN be improved on...sheesh.
'76 FC35 SB (project)
'91 SP36 (sold)
2008 Dodge Dakota 4x4 toad
A whole herd of English Bull Terriers

Live long and Wander.
Old 03-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganaire View Post
As nice as these coaches are, some things CAN be improved on...sheesh.

I agree that wood (or a composite/lux vinyl) is nice and maintenance free... but I think I'm going to have to keep this coach as clean and stock as I can. As mike said: its only original once.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 03-24-2018

Yep, just don't take a blacklight to the carpet
'76 FC35 SB (project)
'91 SP36 (sold)

Live long and Wander.
Old 03-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingeye View Post
Photo attachments....
Someday I want to park at Hohnstein University. What a nice place.

Patrick Crow
Boise Idaho
1985 FC35SB
Old 03-24-2018

So tell me Morgan, you haven't heard about steam cleaning a carpet? There are some very good service people out there, if one is willing to part with a dollar. Wood floor is not an improvement, heated tile would be, real tile mind you.
It's wise to consider the insulating qualities of the original carpet, both temperature and noise are negatively affected in comparison.
Some value originality, some think they have a better idea. Some of us live in 140 year old houses made of hand hewn logs, other are ok with chipboard and glue, as long as it's 'new'.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 03-24-2018

Mike, first I'd never steam clean anything that was installed over a wood subfloor - and to do so to salvage 30+ year old carpet over 30+ year old wood makes no sense..but that's just me. Second, I live in a log home, nearly off the grid and have a healthy appreciation of things from yesterday. I also have a major affinity for improving things, and can think of few vehicles I've owned in my time that I haven't modified/customized/improved...and that includes vehicles from the 40's to today. The idea that something stay original for original sake has never been my thing...but appreciate that passion in others
'76 FC35 SB (project)
'91 SP36 (sold)

Live long and Wander.

Last edited by morganaire; 03-24-2018 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganaire View Post
...The idea that something stay original for original sake has never been my thing...but appreciate that passion in others
^^^ - ditto. With an Ernie installed real maple floor, I’d respectfully disagree about wood flooring not being an improvement - craftsmanship counts. Am sure it’s both fun and challenging traveling around the the country in an all vintage coach. However with our “updated” M380, how would I know? That said, I am thinking of adding a pink rotary dial wall phone in the bedroom .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FD94A479-5961-4575-AB05-22AAD0E444DB.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	54552  
Old 03-24-2018

Carpets warm and comfortable hard flooring if you have pets. Original or not? Apparently I'm a not on that. The PO of my coach proudly told me the Bella was all original when I took over. Not a lot left original now. Of course the carpet drapes after 30 years was over due and 30 old TV's and such are impossible so no brainer for me. If this FC is THAT nice keeping the old might be reasonable . Pays your money takes your choice.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 03-24-2018

This discussion is almost like a bunch of Classic car guys. Some of them are purists and maybe have an old 55 Chev and want to keep the Generator and the AM radio! Ridiculous. I do agree with Mike on some of his comments. I have seen Bluebirds with Barn board walls, stucco paint in the kitchen and more. But that 87 is ready for some updates. It has the original fridge and micro. Both will die soon. Probably does not have a modern stereo with a CD and USB slot and more! Still has the old TV's which are useless. Probably has a VHS!!!! None of these items take away from the 'Classic"look. I would sooner have one of Ernie's floors instead of any carpeting. But our 88 FC had he original carpeting. It was in good shape and we had it steam cleaned. Looked good.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 03-24-2018

I'm not a purist by any means, I love a restomod and have no problem with updating a classic vehicle. But there is something special about a survivor vehicle. I have a 79 L82 corvette sitting in my garage that other than removing the cat and installing true duals its 95% original...still looking for a radio.... At this point I think it needs to stay this way. My 87 Harley looks nothing like it looked when it left Milwaukee. If this FC is as clean as I've heard, I would leave it that way until something needed replaced. These gals are not meant to be garage queens. And if you use them...things are going to break. I still wouldn't have any problem updating while keeping the classic look. Who wants to deal with fluorescent lights, 8 tracks or tube TV's. I think you can update to new technology while still keeping the classic look.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920