Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 08-12-2019

I just stumbled on this thread. I have a Nissan Leaf gen 2 battery pack waiting to be repurposed for the house battries. I have a KW of solar cells waiting for the roof. I also have 4 Battle Born battries (got them before I changed my mind about the Leaf Lipos). I have a Victron Quattro 48/5000/70-100/100 120V VE.Bus, battery protectors,
Victron Venus GX , Victron SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 - Tr Solar Charge Controller 250V 100A with Bluetooth and on and on. waiting for winter to work the bus over.

This here is a whole different level. I so like the control center. I have built several RP projects and have a lot of the gear laying around for that. Touch screen etc. The SMD in the toaster oven is awesome. I have done some small stuff and re fluxed a LED TV PCB I found (and have that in the bus now).

Have you seen this (Webasto Microair Easy Start Asy368X72) it retrofits about any AC to easy start, good for solar.

I will be reading and asking a few questions (if you don't mind) in a month or so.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
I just stumbled on this thread. I have a Nissan Leaf gen 2 battery pack waiting to be repurposed for the house battries. I have a KW of solar cells waiting for the roof. I also have 4 Battle Born battries (got them before I changed my mind about the Leaf Lipos). I have a Victron Quattro 48/5000/70-100/100 120V VE.Bus, battery protectors,
Victron Venus GX , Victron SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 - Tr Solar Charge Controller 250V 100A with Bluetooth and on and on. waiting for winter to work the bus over.

This here is a whole different level. I so like the control center. I have built several RP projects and have a lot of the gear laying around for that. Touch screen etc. The SMD in the toaster oven is awesome. I have done some small stuff and re fluxed a LED TV PCB I found (and have that in the bus now).

Have you seen this (Webasto Microair Easy Start Asy368X72) it retrofits about any AC to easy start, good for solar.

I will be reading and asking a few questions (if you don't mind) in a month or so.
Any time man, I'll be at the rally at Pine Mountain, too. You have quite a project ahead of you! 48v is the right way to go, too. I have Microairs, one is installed in my middle A/C unit, the other is just sitting here not doing anything. I have no trouble starting 1 A/C without it, but to run two at once I need the soft starter on one of them or sometimes the compressor on the running one will drop out.

If you want to tinker with stuff I have bare PCB's for the Pi control if you want one. WanderPi I guess I call it. The new Pi4 has been running for a while now and I really like the extra RAM more than anything.
Old 08-12-2019

Default WanderPi

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Any time man, I'll be at the rally at Pine Mountain, too. You have quite a project ahead of you! 48v is the right way to go, too. I have Microairs, one is installed in my middle A/C unit, the other is just sitting here not doing anything. I have no trouble starting 1 A/C without it, but to run two at once I need the soft starter on one of them or sometimes the compressor on the running one will drop out.

If you want to tinker with stuff I have bare PCB's for the Pi control if you want one. WanderPi I guess I call it. The new Pi4 has been running for a while now and I really like the extra RAM more than anything.
Sure, Thanks! Let me know what you like $.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-12-2019

You are free to it, I can email you the schematic and BOM. PM or email me your address and I'll send you a board. There is one issue with it that I overlooked when I was laying out the PCB though - the +5v trace that runs over to the Pi connector was supposed to be wider, much wider, so I had to supplement it with a wire, which works fine. When the Pi is thumping along there's a pretty bad voltage drop there. Otherwise everything else works!
Old 08-12-2019

Quote:
You are free to it, I can email you the schematic and BOM. PM or email me your address and I'll send you a board. There is one issue with it that I overlooked when I was laying out the PCB though - the +5v trace that runs over to the Pi connector was supposed to be wider, much wider, so I had to supplement it with a wire, which works fine. When the Pi is thumping along there's a pretty bad voltage drop there. Otherwise everything else works!
Time for the WanderPi v.2!!
Old 08-12-2019

I'm at 2.0 right now. Besides more CPU power and RAM the Pi4 has more UARTs and some other stuff that I would have made use of along the way. I don't know if there will be another revision or not, I'm running out of stuff to hook up
Old 08-12-2019

https://community.victronenergy.com/index.html

Some news I didn't know about the BP 100 and fire!
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
https://community.victronenergy.com/index.html

Some news I didn't know about the BP 100 and fire!
I don't use one, but it looks like they weren't clear about how it was supposed to be used. I can see why people would connect chargers to it the way they did without knowing how it works inside. People tend to assume everything is a relay or something mechanical like that. Some things should be...
Old 08-12-2019

Quote:
I'm at 2.0 right now. Besides more CPU power and RAM the Pi4 has more UARTs and some other stuff that I would have made use of along the way. I don't know if there will be another revision or not, I'm running out of stuff to hook up
You still don't have control of the NORAD radar sites yet!!
Old 08-13-2019

Quote:
I don't use one, but it looks like they weren't clear about how it was supposed to be used. I can see why people would connect chargers to it the way they did without knowing how it works inside. People tend to assume everything is a relay or something mechanical like that. Some things should be...
WOW!

I read that BP100 manual carefully months ago and then emailed tech support and was surprised to learn and then re-confirm that it was one-way device.

My plan instead for the tesla battery, was to use one of the EV contactors with voltage and thermal control. And recommended one with the efficiency circuitry (low power draw).

Doug
Ex-PT36