Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 10-08-2019

I have found a problem with Visible !! I get half way through sign up and it locks up. Been trying on and off for two days. They have live chat but I can’t text fast enough before they drop me. I will have to wait for my daughter to get home from work. Anybody else had this problem with sign up???
Dan
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 10-29-2019

I was the one who started this post about Visible and I have been trying for 3 weeks to sign up with these people and they never respond. They got all my info and billing info but they just don’t ever call or send verification. I can log in and it just starts asking for the same info. The chat always works but they can’t do anything to solve the problem. The supervisor never calls you. I’ve never experienced any thing like this. It’s really baffling. Has anybody else tried to signup or had any success??? I think it is really suspect.
Dan
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 10-29-2019

Just start a AT&T business account get a $40/month IPad line and take the sim and put in your modem/router! Done and done. I would recommend Mofi or Nighthawk for a modem/router.

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clembo View Post
I was the one who started this post about Visible and I have been trying for 3 weeks to sign up with these people and they never respond. They got all my info and billing info but they just don’t ever call or send verification. I can log in and it just starts asking for the same info. The chat always works but they can’t do anything to solve the problem. The supervisor never calls you. I’ve never experienced any thing like this. It’s really baffling. Has anybody else tried to signup or had any success??? I think it is really suspect.
Dan

I got a Visible last week. Signup worked well and I picked a local number. The $20.00 Visible phone arrived the next day (fed-ex) with a sim to be installed. Flipped it in and ran a setup program. It worked but it was Sloooooooow. Speed varies from 5 mbts/sec down to 1 mbts/sec.

My old real Verizon phone pumps about 15mbs/sec but it's not unlimited data and it's expensive. The ATT Mobley unlimited sim in my Modem/router is unlimited ATT that runs about 30 mbts/sec. The IP (internet) location of the Visible phone is the middle of Kansas the IP location of the ATT sim is Atlanta. (I live on the North Carolina coast) That's a problem because Craigslist won't let you list something from a computer located other than where it is being listed. It's difficult to find a buyer for my offshore Island Packet sail boat in the Kansas or Atlanta versions of Craigslist and that is where Visible and ATT make Craigslist think that is where my computer is located.

I'm not going to renew my Visible account for next month. It is Slooooow. 1.85 mbs/sec just now.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 11-01-2019

Ha!!! I finally got a phone call from them today. I told them to delete my info and take a hike. I apologize to WOG for wasting anybody time with this bull***t.
If it seems too good to be true it probably is. Another good example. Live and learn.
Dan
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 11-01-2019

Anyone that is interested should read the 500 pages in IRV2. Most people are very happy. The original poster is an IT guy. He describes how to use a specific router with the phone. If you try to just use the phone as a hotspot speeds will be slow. This poster steams all the time and it works fine. I am going to get one just before Q.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II