Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 12-17-2019

Default Few More M450 Questions and Observations

Took the 450 for a test drive today with a C-13 CAT

1. What is the range of oil pressure at 60 mph. I saw around 35-40 psi on the gauge (the needle halfway between 0-75). Idle was around 17-20.

2. Air temp was around 60 degrees and saw approximately 200 degrees (first line above 175) on the water temp and 200 trans temp. Normal?

3. Noticed some heavy noise from the front end over bumps. Anything I should look for. No play in the wheel nor vibration. NoGas suggested I check the step. Will do that tomorrow. Thank you Van!

4. It rode nice and quiet compared to the Alpine. It doesn't respond as fast but it weights almost twice as much, so I cannot expect that. The M450 likes to pick up speed going down hill. I like the jake brake (and the sound), we have an exhaust brake on the Alpine. Had no trouble driving the M450. It turns sharper than our 37'. In fact I didn't even get to test it's turning radius limits.

5. Van came by to have a look see and was able to answer many questions I had. Maybe the most important........How do I know what tune I am picking out on the horn!!! I knew I was going to have trouble keeping track how many times I hit the "next tune" button. Truly, Van was a big help.

6. Does any one run VMSpc and does it support all the dash gauges?

Thanks.

TD

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS
Old 12-18-2019
In The Learning Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRVAlpine View Post

Thanks.

TD
Yes, and quite a few folks have migrated away from VMSpc to Bluefire Dash which allows you the flexibility to use a non-Windows end device, e.g., iPad,. And as opposed to the hardwired requirement of VMSpc, Bluefire uses bluetooth for connectivity.

Main Bluefire thread:
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=33161

There are too many VMSpc threads to mention - just site search on 'vmspc'.

2000 LXI SS "Piper"
1977 FC 31 RB "BUSTA BUS"
1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet" sold

Semper Fi
----------------------------------------------------
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRVAlpine View Post

1. What is the range of oil pressure at 60 mph. I saw around 35-40 psi on the gauge (the needle halfway between 0-75). Idle was around 17-20.

2. Air temp was around 60 degrees and saw approximately 200 degrees (first line above 175) on the water temp and 200 trans temp. Normal?

3. Noticed some heavy noise from the front end over bumps. Anything I should look for. No play in the wheel nor vibration. NoGas suggested I check the step. Will do that tomorrow. Thank you Van!

4. It rode nice and quiet compared to the Alpine. It doesn't respond as fast but it weights almost twice as much, so I cannot expect that. The M450 likes to pick up speed going down hill. I like the jake brake (and the sound), we have an exhaust brake on the Alpine. Had no trouble driving the M450. It turns sharper than our 37'. In fact I didn't even get to test it's turning radius limits.

5. Van came by to have a look see and was able to answer many questions I had. Maybe the most important........How do I know what tune I am picking out on the horn!!! I knew I was going to have trouble keeping track how many times I hit the "next tune" button. Truly, Van was a big help.

Thanks.

TD
Good morning Tom, Question 1- that is the norm, question 2- also the norm, question 3- our highways are just horrible in some places, question 4- you can have the tranny reprogrammed to downshift to 5th gear instead of 4th, the jakes don’t function when the cruise is set. I just do it manually. The 450 has a 38 ft turning radius as per Allen Barbie in the factory tour video. Question 5. On face of the overhead to the far left next to the surround sound speaker should be a digital readout for the musical horn selection and a list should be in the blue box or in the storage door below the drivers drink holder. Can’t help with question 6, I use what is on the dash and have no issues. Hope this helps!
Austintown,Ohio
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs707 View Post
Yes, and quite a few folks have migrated away from VMSpc to Bluefire Dash which allows you the flexibility to use a non-Windows end device, e.g., iPad,. And as opposed to the hardwired requirement of VMSpc, Bluefire uses bluetooth for connectivity.

Main Bluefire thread:
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=33161

There are too many VMSpc threads to mention - just site search on 'vmspc'.

Yup, I will try the Bluefire on this coach. Having only had a Cummins, I wasn't sure they made it for a CAT. Thank you.

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefixr66 View Post
Good morning Tom, Question 1- that is the norm, question 2- also the norm, question 3- our highways are just horrible in some places, question 4- you can have the tranny reprogrammed to downshift to 5th gear instead of 4th, the jakes don’t function when the cruise is set. I just do it manually. The 450 has a 38 ft turning radius as per Allen Barbie in the factory tour video. Question 5. On face of the overhead to the far left next to the surround sound speaker should be a digital readout for the musical horn selection and a list should be in the blue box or in the storage door below the drivers drink holder. Can’t help with question 6, I use what is on the dash and have no issues. Hope this helps!

Mike, thank you for letting me know that what I saw on the gauges was normal. I will check the jake downshift. If it is 4th (and I honestly can't tell you) I'll take it to Allison and have it reprogrammed. Did the same for the Alpine's exhaust brake. I do like the Jake brake sound better but now I'll have to turn it off when I see the signs..."no engine braking"
Van showed me the digital readout. Never would have looked there!

When/if....not ours yet, we get it home I am sure my post frequency will pick up just a wee bit.

Will need to winterize it unfortunately (won't fit in the Alpines heated bay) and put in a 50 amp service. Don't think my 20 amp will keep the inverters going and the batteries charged.

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS
Old 12-19-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefixr66 View Post

Mike

The Jake does work with the cruise on. It comes on 10MPH above the cruise. Sorry you did not know this.
San Marcos, CA

Old 12-19-2019

Does the Jake also disengage at 30 mph?

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS
Old 01-18-2020

I noticed mine does disengage but it seems to do it once it downshifts to 2nd gear. I think it was 2nd gear/range/whatever you want to call it. I didn't really check the mph. It does indeed disengage but the speed is low.

Old 01-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_T View Post
I noticed mine does disengage but it seems to do it once it downshifts to 2nd gear. I think it was 2nd gear/range/whatever you want to call it. I didn't really check the mph. It does indeed disengage but the speed is low.

Thank you. Maybe that is adjustable/programmable too!

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS