Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-25-2010

I talked to Johnney and we decided the best approach is to have my Coach towed to my RV repair dealer and Johnney will consult via telephone if needed. Johnney felt the job will cost between $5,000 and $12,000. My RV techician felt he could figure it out too. Fortunately my insurance company told me that they would cover everything except for $500 deductible - I have $1,000 deductible but they gave me a $500 discount for not having had any claims. They also pay for towing.

The big issue now is how to prevent or at least reduce the chance of more rodent damage. I think this would make an excellent discussion thread to find out how others prevent rodent damage. I was thinking of stuffing that channel with steel wool.

Dennis
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 08-25-2010
Can't re-member

[QUOTE=Dennis;70117]It appears that a rat got into the channel that houses all the air lines (again) and chewed through all 5 of them; red, blue, beige, black and green. 3 of the 5 were completely severed and all of them have multiple bites dozens of them all the way down the length of the hoses. I can only hope that none of the electrical wires that run down that channel were compromised; I could not tell.

Though not near as much damage, nor near as costly, I feel your pain. Two years ago a squirrel chewed through the propane line (the short rubber hose section near the tank) and our coach sat there spewing out a full tank of propane without me knowing it. This is with our coach setting right next to our house. I sure am glad that the squirrel didn't smoke!

PS. Sorry to read about your misfortune on this.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 08-25-2010

Thanks John. I have to ask, is your Coach named after your former airplane? I flew for many years and remember the Navion - I believe Arthur Godfrey piloted a Navion and just remembering Godfrey tells you I have been around a few years.
Old 08-25-2010
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Thanks John. I have to ask, is your Coach named after your former airplane? I flew for many years and remember the Navion - I believe Arthur Godfrey piloted a Navion and just remembering Godfrey tells you I have been around a few years.

Very good guess and close! It is actually named after the airplane I wanted. When I bought our bird I could pick up a decent Navion (no mods, E185 or E225) for around what I paid for my bird. I had a difficult decision since I really couldn't afford to buy, let alone own both. My flying was more of a "me" thing whereas traveling in our, at the time, class C was more of a family thing. The family thing won out. I had admired Wanderldoge's since the late 70's. I found what I wanted and went with it over the plane. I haven't necessarily regretted it though I still admire and drool over the real Navion. What makes it worse is that I have a nephew with a really nice one with all the mods including the "big" engine and 3 blade prop.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 08-26-2010

John, it seems to me the next best thing to owning a Navion is to have a nephew with one...I hope he takes you up in it and lets you get some left seat time.
Old 09-23-2010

Here is a good PDF of the Air Suspension diagram. Made it black and white because yellow didn't show up very good. I wish I had this back when I had to figure out all the air lines in the front.

Speaking of that, I have a diagram I made showing the air lines for the slide out and compressors that I spent a lot of time figuring out.

I started to make a diagram for the brake lines but the only real difference between the standard truck bendix diagram is the ECM that controls the front and rear air gauges. The expensive thing I had to figure out the hard way and replace.

I have been reading this forum for a long time now and just thought I would give back some. I will try to attach the 2 PDF's, if it doesn't work tell me where to send them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M380 Air Suspention System.pdf (235.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf Air Schematic for Slide Out.pdf (141.7 KB, 92 views)
Old 09-23-2010
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
John, it seems to me the next best thing to owning a Navion is to have a nephew with one...I hope he takes you up in it and lets you get some left seat time.

Thanks Dennis. Actually my 1st trip to Sun-N-Fun airshow (1994) was in a Navion that he owned before his current one. I was hooked.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 09-23-2010
ANOTHER REDNECK

good job carl

i want a m380 in a few yrs ~!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 09-23-2010

Thanks Carl your timing could not be better. My Coach has been sitting for two week at my repair facility while they photograph and estimate the job for the insurance company. They will be starting the work on Monday your work will be helpful to them.

Sight unseen Johnney Anderson estimated the job to replace all the air lines would be about $5,000 to $12,000. My repair shop is probably going to be at least $7,000. I'll know when I get it back. So far they estimated 65 hour to replace the air lines and that might increase. Luckily my insurance company Formost which I purchased through Farmers is covering all but $500 for the work. I called Formost to have the Coach towed to my repair facility about 10 miles and the company they called was going to bill them $4,250 for the tow using a low boy flat bed. The Insurance company balked and I found a place that towed it lifting up the front and rolling on the back wheels; the bill was $995. for the 5 hours it took to hook up, tow, and back down a drive way. Insurance paid for the tow too. My technician is going to spray foam the ends of the channel that carries the air lines to keep the rats out. More later.
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnap View Post
Here is a good PDF of the Air Suspension diagram. Made it black and white because yellow didn't show up very good. I wish I had this back when I had to figure out all the air lines in the front.

Speaking of that, I have a diagram I made showing the air lines for the slide out and compressors that I spent a lot of time figuring out.

I started to make a diagram for the brake lines but the only real difference between the standard truck bendix diagram is the ECM that controls the front and rear air gauges. The expensive thing I had to figure out the hard way and replace.

I have been reading this forum for a long time now and just thought I would give back some. I will try to attach the 2 PDF's, if it doesn't work tell me where to send them.
Very nice Carl, thank you!