Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 02-19-2011

Default Bunk bed options

I have been getting a lot of input from my better half about what she wants in a coach. She is pretty adamant about extra beds for guests. Both the grand kids (we have 1) and the parents.
I know the drinks for 6, dinner for 4, and sleeps 2 rule (see how fast I learn?)
I was just going to throw this out. Have you seen any bunk options in any of the birds?

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...6451#post96451

Just popped up on the other thread. Looks very well done. I am a little confused on what is past the bunks though. Is it the are in the back a couple couches that fold down to a bunk?

My wife got jazzed on the entertainment coaches. They have a lot of bunks for sure. But many are without showers, or a decent galley, and much more I am sure. They got nice bars though!

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/Prevost_Bunk_Coaches.htm

I want a Bluebird, I am not being stubborn, well maybe I am. I do not want a converted bus, nothing personal, it is just me. I also suspect they are 45 footers. More than I want also.

Maybe towing the guest house is a good option. Just bunks and not much else. Make it cute.....My wife loves to entertain

I wanted to ask if there is a source for all the floor plans in the BB line up? I could not find it in the data base.

OK so.......enough rambling. If I don't find a way to squeeze in a bunk or two I am trouble here...:-)

Capt. Jack
Author: "You Can't Make This Stuff Up"
My Thirty years as Captain in the Bering Sea
Old 02-20-2011

Anyone able to direct me to floor plans for the birds? I am unable to find any. Thanks ahead.

Capt. Jack
Author: "You Can't Make This Stuff Up"
My Thirty years as Captain in the Bering Sea
Old 02-20-2011

vintagebirds.com

look under history

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 02-20-2011

Jack,

I was talking with someone a couple months ago and the were telling me that that almost bought a wanderlodge that had double bunks. It was for some country star that used it tour with his band. I'm not sure how reliable that is, because it was at a party. So it could have been a bluebird converted into a tour bus or something. Regardless, to put in bunk beds' something has to go. Someone had posted couches that turn into bunk beds, so maybe that's an option.
Herndon, VA
Old 02-20-2011

At the cost of sounding redundant, that's why there are usually two couches in the front of Blue Birds. My wife and I traveled with two kids and ourselves all over the place that way. Also another option would be twin beds in the back with a single pull out couch in the front, so when the nippers visit,you two sleep up front with them in the rear. We have our present coach setup that way so we have more living space up front. Remember the grand kids will not always be with you and believe me the old saw of feeds four sleeps two is well founded because it gets very close in there in a hurry.

Last edited by Butch Charpentier; 02-20-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 02-20-2011

[QUOTE=Butch Charpentier;96562]At the cost of sounding redundant, that's why there are usually two couches in the front of Blue Birds....QUOTE]

Maybe in the newer ones, but the ones from the 80's seem to have one couch driver's side with barrel chairs pass side. I wish I had 2 couches and am moving to that hopefully soon myself.
VB 1570
Old 02-20-2011

Maybe in the seventies but I owned an 83 and there was two couches. Also most of the BB's I've seen in the 80's and 90's came that way, not to say there aren't differences but it should be pretty to find one with two couches.
Old 02-20-2011

My 83 also has two couches.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-22-2011

Default Couches

My 90' SP has the jack-knife couch on driver's side and barrel chair and table on the passenger side. I plan to one day get rid of the barrel chair and table and replace with a couch. Considering that the current couch makes into a small full bed and takes up a good portion of the aisle, I've considered custom building a couch for the passenger side that would be an extra long and wide stationary couch with a removable back cushion- making a large twin bed for a guest that could be utilized at the same time as the jack-knife couch. I've also considered putting storage drawers underneath. In my situation, since I like to travel with a good amount of my family, having the extra seating is valuable. I can tell you how many times someone has been dumped out of that barrel chair- and yes- I warned them!

Jason Warner
Yukon, Oklahoma
1990 SP36
Old 02-22-2011

Default 2 couches

My 82 has 2 couches and 14 seat belts.
96 WB
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.