Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-13-2011
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default Blue Sky RV Insurance


Request a RV Insurance Quote
The Blue Sky RV Insurance program is currently not available for vehicles registered in the following states: AL, AK, CT, DE, HI, KY, MA, MD, ME, MS, NH, NV, NY, RI, VT and WY. If your registration state is listed above please check back soon as we are continuing to expand and add new states to serve you. Coverage is also not available on stationary trailers or park model travel trailers that are registered or garaged in FL, GA, LA, NC, SC, and TX.

Have a question about your RV Insurance Coverage?
Contact Blue Sky RV for more information.
Blue Sky RV Insurance
P.O. Box 4425
Akron, Ohio
44321
866-484 -BLUE (2583)
sales@blueskyrvinsurance.com



Quote:
I'm a Happy Camper
I had John McGinnis do an appraisal on my 1982 FC35RB Wanderlodge and the Enclosed Autocarrier trailer that I always pull, which I was highly satisfied with and was hoping to get an Agreed Value Insurance Policy and I kept on running into problems due to my 'Bird being older than 25 years old. I even tried the insurance company that I have my 'Bird insured with currently as they are one of the largest and they do a lot of advertising on the TV and in print and which I had read here on the forum has written Agreed Value Insurance policies for other members, only to find out that they would not write a similar policy here in South Carolina, needless to say I was getting very frustrated.

I decided to give a call to Blue Sky RV Insurance and I was lucky enough to talk with Eric Rautins and we had a lengthy conversation about Blue Bird Wanderlodges and the quality of construction, he even took the time to look over the WOG forum to see how active our members are and how many members we had, we then took a look at my photo web site so that I could show and explain to him how much work I have put into restoring and updating my 'Bird. I also told him that I felt that they were missing the boat, by not including our older than 25 years old Wanderlodge's on their insurable list.

Eric told me that he would have to talk it over with his partner and would get back to me by email later that day and when I got the email it was great news, he included an Agreed Value Insurance quote for both my 'Bird and trailer at the appraised price that John McGinnis had appraised as a pair and to my surprise this quote was for more insurance than I presently had and for LESS MONEY, needless to say I accepted and paid for the new policy and now Blue Sky RV Insurance will be my insurer when my present policy runs out on June 26. He also informed me that Blue Sky would now look at Wanderlodge models as far back as 1970 but reserve the right to decline for underwriting reasons based upon their condition.

So if you are looking for Insurance for your 'Bird, give Blue Sky RV Insurance a chance, just go to their website at http://www.blueskyrvinsurance.com and click on the Request a RV Insurance Quote link.

Don't forget if you are going to request an Agreed Value Insurance you will need an appraisal and we have one of the best appraiser's of 'Birds right there on the WOG, check out Protect Your RV Investment. Have it Appraised!


__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!!
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLUE SKY INS WOGmd.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	10744  
__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2011
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default





Request a RV Insurance Quote
The Blue Sky RV Insurance program is currently not available for vehicles registered in the following states: AL, AK, CT, DE, HI, KY, MA, MD, ME, MS, NH, NV, NY, RI, VT and WY. If your registration state is listed above please check back soon as we are continuing to expand and add new states to serve you. Coverage is also not available on stationary trailers or park model travel trailers that are registered or garaged in FL, GA, LA, NC, SC, and TX.

Have a question about your RV Insurance Coverage?
Contact Blue Sky RV for more information.
Blue Sky RV Insurance
P.O. Box 4425
Akron, Ohio
44321
866-484 -BLUE (2583)
sales@blueskyrvinsurance.com



Quote:
I'm a Happy Camper
I had John McGinnis do an appraisal on my 1982 FC35RB Wanderlodge and the Enclosed Autocarrier trailer that I always pull, which I was highly satisfied with and was hoping to get an Agreed Value Insurance Policy and I kept on running into problems due to my 'Bird being older than 25 years old. I even tried the insurance company that I have my 'Bird insured with currently as they are one of the largest and they do a lot of advertising on the TV and in print and which I had read here on the forum has written Agreed Value Insurance policies for other members, only to find out that they would not write a similar policy here in South Carolina, needless to say I was getting very frustrated.

I decided to give a call to Blue Sky RV Insurance and I was lucky enough to talk with Eric Rautins and we had a lengthy conversation about Blue Bird Wanderlodges and the quality of construction, he even took the time to look over the WOG forum to see how active our members are and how many members we had, we then took a look at my photo web site so that I could show and explain to him how much work I have put into restoring and updating my 'Bird. I also told him that I felt that they were missing the boat, by not including our older than 25 years old Wanderlodge's on their insurable list.

Eric told me that he would have to talk it over with his partner and would get back to me by email later that day and when I got the email it was great news, he included an Agreed Value Insurance quote for both my 'Bird and trailer at the appraised price that John McGinnis had appraised as a pair and to my surprise this quote was for more insurance than I presently had and for LESS MONEY, needless to say I accepted and paid for the new policy and now Blue Sky RV Insurance will be my insurer when my present policy runs out on June 26. He also informed me that Blue Sky would now look at Wanderlodge models as far back as 1970 but reserve the right to decline for underwriting reasons based upon their condition.

So if you are looking for Insurance for your 'Bird, give Blue Sky RV Insurance a chance, just go to their website at http://www.blueskyrvinsurance.com and click on the Request a RV Insurance Quote link.

Don't forget if you are going to request an Agreed Value Insurance you will need an appraisal and we have one of the best appraiser's of 'Birds right there on the WOG, check out Protect Your RV Investment. Have it Appraised!


__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!!
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-2011
catshreds's Avatar
catshreds catshreds is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Roscoe
Posts: 1,397
Default

Thanks John! I will be calling Blue sky today since I have a genuine, ( do not accept any imitations), McGinnis appraisal in hand. I'll let you know the results.
__________________
Elliot Harris

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2011
iamflagman's Avatar
iamflagman iamflagman is offline
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hopkins
Posts: 11,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catshreds View Post
Thanks John! I will be calling Blue sky today since I have a genuine, ( do not accept any imitations), McGinnis appraisal in hand. I'll let you know the results.

Elliot;

Use their online quote request Request a RV Insurance Quote you will get quicker results that way, unless you have a specific question then give them a call. They will want a copy of your McGinnis Appraisal sent to them when they get ready to write the policy, if you do call them have it on hand to read the figures to them. You will be OK, but for the older than 1986 'Birds they are in the process of upgrading their software to accept a quote request for those older 'Birds if it hasn't been done yet I would suggest calling them and mention this thread, Eric has already seen it.
__________________

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2011
cmillsap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just wanted to say “Thank You” to John Finn for providing the information on Blue Sky’s RV Insurance Program. The insurance on my Wanderlodge was scheduled to renew this month which prompted me to request quotes from several insurance companies. Among those, I requested a quote from Blue Sky and subsequently spoke to Eric about coverage comparison and “Agreed Value” policies.

Blue Sky will provide an “Agreed Value” policy based upon a certified appraisal of the coach. The cost over a “Replacement Cost or ‘Fair Value” policy will add about 10% to the premium. Blue Sky uses several methods to determine the fair value of a coach. These include NADA values, KBB values and prevailing market values with consideration given to individual coach condition and options. My existing insurance company and Blue Sky used the purchase price I paid for the coach as the ‘Rating Basis” for their premium schedules. The amount I paid for my coach is less than the values set by NADA and KBB, so the investment in my coach would be covered by a Replacement Cost policy. However, I still intend to get John McGinnis to appraise my coach, if for no other reason than to eliminate any disagreement with an insurance adjuster regarding its value.

The end result was that I switched my insurance coverage to Blue Sky and saved $400 on my annual premium. Further, my deductable amount was reduced from $2500 to $1000.

I would recommend getting a quote from Blue Sky if you’re in the market for coach insurance.

Chuck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-13-2012
Mallie Lennon's Avatar
Mallie Lennon Mallie Lennon is offline
1995 WB 42’ Series 60
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Eufaula
Posts: 4,953
Default insurance

I am looking for a insurance other than my only insurance company now, State Farm. It went up on renewal last year to $1800 from $1650. By raising my deductable from $1000 to $2000, I was able retain the same rate. I am betting it is going to go up again this year so I am looking. I got a quote from Blue Sky and it was much less with $500 ded. But I wonder if all else is equal? Are there other companies I need to try? And finally what liability limits do I need?
__________________
Mallie & Karen Lennon
Eufaula, Oklahoma
95 42' Wanderlodge
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2012
birds_first's Avatar
birds_first birds_first is offline
RV Appraiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,327
Default Agreed Value Insurance Providers

Check out this link. I submitted this about a year or so ago. I pullled it up with the google search feature
__________________
John McGinnis,
95WB42MD S60, Mid-Entry "B-Rex"
88FC35 (SOLD)
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2012
Bumpersbird's Avatar
Bumpersbird Bumpersbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
I am looking for a insurance other than my only insurance company now, State Farm. It went up on renewal last year to $1800 from $1650. By raising my deductable from $1000 to $2000, I was able retain the same rate. I am betting it is going to go up again this year so I am looking. I got a quote from Blue Sky and it was much less with $500 ded. But I wonder if all else is equal? Are there other companies I need to try? And finally what liability limits do I need?

Mallie sent private mmsg. Kurt
__________________
Kurt Horvath
95 PT 42
10AC
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2012
exxis's Avatar
exxis exxis is offline
Thomas Rembert
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alachua, Fl/Blackhawk, CO
Posts: 901
Default

Make sure you tell them to quote it under a bus conversion for the Agreed Value Insurance. My agent did it as a Wanderlodge and it wouldn't let him. I ask him to check with his boss and that was the problem.
__________________
Thomas Rembert
1993 WB40
1997 WB43
2018 Allegro Bus 45ft 4 slide
Alachua, FL/Blackhawk, CO.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2012
Dennis&Ella Dennis&Ella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hernando
Posts: 629
Default

I have an agreed value policy thru Blue Sky and it lists my coach as a wanderlodge.
__________________
Dennis & Ella Burdick
Hernando, Fl
89 WB40
"Chief's Pride Too"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Sky RV Insurance iamflagman Vendors 0 06-13-2011 12:13 AM
Insurance Flykitfox Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs 6 10-11-2010 01:47 AM
Insurance issue DennyCayman Under The Awning 6 02-11-2010 11:27 PM
Insurance cost Luvoekars Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs 40 12-02-2009 03:26 PM
Insurance swanbirdcygnus Full Timers 4 05-10-2009 01:53 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.