Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:

Old 01-28-2013

Wow, just got my State Farm renewal for the Bird and it was over $2400/year. A $600 increase over last year with perfect driving records and no claims. I have 5 other vehicles for a multi car discount. I was stunned. This afternoon we changed to Blue Sky and for better coverage the annual premium was $916/year. Thats real money! Thanks to John McGinnis, I had my apprasial ready and on 2-1we will be with Blue Sky.
Bruce

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 01-28-2013

When we wanted to take the mpg to a dealer for consignment we checked into the insurance issue, as we had been told that there is not coverage when a rig is on consignment. Our State Farm agent originally told us that was correct - there would be no coverage unless the trailer was at our home!!! A week or so later the agent talked to another underwriter who actually knew what he was talking about. It seems that the theft, wind damage, etc. coverage stays in place no matter where the trailer is located. The liability coverage actually comes from the tow vehicle, and is covered under the tow vehicle policy. I suppose what that means is that if we had the mpg insured by, say, Allstate, and the car insured by State Farm, if we had an accident while towing the trailer that was our fault State Farm would pay the damages to the other party. If a tree fell on the camper while at a campground Allstate would pay.

For my money I'd rather have everything covered by one insurance company. That way there won't be an issue of who pays for what.
Build number 4371
Old 01-09-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Well got back from the rally and called bluesky and agreed to purchase the policy from Kelly Brake. They wanted a ck first, so I sent $620 and they cashed it, in early december. Wanted the policy to start Jan 20th, she said they could not issue a policy more than 30days in advance of policy start date. Well yesterday they finally e mailed a policy and the ID cards, ok all is well.
OH NO. This morning I get an application to fill out and fax back in. In the application they ask for permission to debit my account for another $620. And they have a list of things to initial, one saying that we have drivers and passengers air bag. Does any large motorhome have airbags of the 1995 age?
What really gets me is they could have sent this application in early december instead of waiting 10 days before the policy starts.
Are these people complete Idots???
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 01-09-2014

They like to send out the application. I have now done it twice. But only charged once. Don't give them your credit card number if you sent a check.
No mention of air bags on mine. That may need to be fixed, you probably have a small discount due to that.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 01-09-2014
Forum owner

tell them you have 10 airbags..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-09-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

well I was tired up in the money making side all day, but Kelly managed to send me a 5 minute message. Probably going to try to make it work, but not very professional. Not happy with Blue Sky so far.
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 01-10-2014
ANOTHER REDNECK

never had a problem with this side of it or anything

must have got a new person

ask for the boss and accept his deal and he will straighten it up hes a rv man and the new soldiers are not to par !!!!!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 01-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoody View Post
never had a problem with this side of it or anything

must have got a new person

ask for the boss and accept his deal and he will straighten it up hes a rv man and the new soldiers are not to par !!!!!
I agree. Contacted them for a quote, and got insurance in 10 min., without any hassle.
Old 01-10-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Randy,, I thought about that,
I am paranoid about dealing with insurance because I have been stung a few times and I have a friend who is without home owners insurance because a stupid agent did not list all his claims, so when they find it on public records, they reject the policy. He called the agent and she said she thought they could get by with it!!!
Well Steve and Woody,, that is why I am sharing my experience with BlueSky on here.
When you have a policy in hand and think you are insured, underwriting still has the right to reject it. And that reason can be because of their own agents stupidity and you still have no recourse.
This Kelly Brake said she would send the policy on Dec 20th and simply did not, not until Jan 9th. If she had, this would get though underwriting by the time the policy starts. Now it probably will not.
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 01-10-2014

Sorry to hear of your negative experience with BluSky and Kelly Brake. I switched mine to BluSky in October through Kelly and it was seamless. I first talked with her on the phone to give her all my requirements and after a couple phone calls back and forth on some details it was a done deal. In my experience she was knowledgeable and professional. We all have bad days once in a while. As for the air bags; I don't recall any discussion or questions on them.