Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-20-2014

Default water pressure regulator

One thing I have yet to learn about on my coach is hooking up to "city water" connection with high pressure. Is there a built in pressure regulator on my coach (factory) or do I need to use an inline regator? Or is this even an issue with the copper lines?
1969 Trojan SeaVoyager
1955 BMW R50
Old Ford Trucks!
Old 03-20-2014

Tim,

Diagram of FC 78 water system show a pressure regulator installed in the city line hookup. Mine had one, but if it is original you might not want to trust it to still work. Suggest using one of the kind that just attach to the hose prior to connecting to the city water line, or just fill your tank and don't use the city water connection.

Attached is a photo of the water system for the 78. I believe it is in the resource section of WOG, and your owners manual (blue box) if you have one.

HTH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	27656  
the (SLO-CAN) :
Old 03-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim876 View Post
One thing I have yet to learn about on my coach is hooking up to "city water" connection with high pressure. Is there a built in pressure regulator on my coach (factory) or do I need to use an inline regator? Or is this even an issue with the copper lines?
Tim,
Yes you should have a built in regulator, if it hasn't been modified. Should you trust it? Not sure it is worth it to trust it. I do two things to be safe. First I use a regulator on the end of my water hose that hooks into the shore water connection. Second I always fill my tank and shut off the shore water. I never leave it on. Should either regulator fail, the inside lines may not be able to take it and cause a lot of water damage. I also never leave pump switches on. Should you develop a leak the pump will continue to run and also cause a lot of damage. That's the reason there is a pump switch at the kitchen sink, and the bathroom sink. I will admit sometimes I forget to turn the pump off during normal routine day but I almost always turn it off if we leave the coach for any length of time to go sight seeing or whatever.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 03-20-2014

It appears that my current way of doing things (fill and pump...pump only on during use) is the right way to keep going. I have always used this technique on my boat as well as several semis with living quarters that I have owned over the years. My wife and I even have a rule/game that if one of us catches the other having left the pump on after use we get to "punish" them (a pinch or tickle...nothing more...dirty minds). I guess the games will continue. Thanks for the good advice as always!
1969 Trojan SeaVoyager
1955 BMW R50
Old Ford Trucks!