Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-02-2015

Default water pressure regulator

My 1980 has 2 factory-installed water pressure regulators, one on the city input side and one on the pump side. The city side unit began to fail, leaking out of the but end do to the nylon breaking down. I found a company in Greensboro, NC known as DBJ Corporation, 2507 Greengate Drive, phone number 336-373-1868, who has the replacement regulator for $25. I equipped my new valve with a gauge so I can accurately adjust the pressure. So far so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443799633972.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	38155   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443799710212.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	38156   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443799756799.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	38157  
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-02-2015

I just replaced all the copper pipes, valves and regulators with PEX, looks better, water taste better and the bus is happy with the weight loss.......... I protect the pipes with an in line pressure regulator to make the installation easier.
Old 10-02-2015

Pretty cool Marcelo, did you post a write up on your conversion? I'm documenting the existence and source of a oem type part for those wishing to maintain the existing system.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-02-2015
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
My 1980 has 2 factory-installed water pressure regulators, one on the city input side and one on the pump side. The city side unit began to fail, leaking out of the but end do to the nylon breaking down. I found a company in Greensboro, NC known as DBJ Corporation, 2507 Greengate Drive, phone number 336-373-1868, who has the replacement regulator for $25. I equipped my new valve with a gauge so I can accurately adjust the pressure. So far so good.
Good find Crit, I'll be ordering one of these. I opened mine a while back to examine it and never could not get the new o-ring to seat right. I ended up with an annoying little drip... Nothing a little plumbers goop on the outside couldn't handle, but I don't like fixing things that way if it can be avoided.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 10-02-2015

Good idea Crit Bliss Thank you for bringing it to mind.
This is what I did:
Removed all the existing piping.
From the city water connection with a new Check valve I've run a 1/2 inch PEX to water heater, kitchen sink, toilet, bath sink, shower and outside faucet (in the propane compartment) and the Ice maker.
Run hot water line from W.H. to both faucets and shower.
Install a new water connection next to city water to a new port on the wall of the tank (Lifegard Aquatics 3/4-Inch Slip Bulkhead Fit Kit with Insert) fitting.
Run a new line from the bottom of water tank to a pump
SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump (under kitchen sink) and a tee (with a check valve) to the city water line.
The installation make sense to me because I fill my tank with water from my house only ( is very well treated). At the time of the water tank removal I've installed a 4" inspection DECK PLATE 4", White, Screw In, Screw Out to allowed me to clean and sanitize the inside of the tank.
Now I have peace of mind with the quality of the drinking water.
Also installed a line from the tank to outside to drain and winterize.
Winterizing procedure:
With an air regulator push all the water out from the system with an oil less compressor.
Inject antifreeze to the city water connection and add to the water tank and run for 2 minutes all the faucets (cold and hot) from the city and pump systems, this also leave antifreeze on all the P traps of the drain pipes.
I've used the money from the Brass and copper recycling to pay for the conversion materials so was cost free!!!
Old 10-02-2015

Marcelo, start a new thread so others can search and find your information in the future.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-02-2015

I have to search on how can I do it.
I'm not very familiar with the site.
I know I should be, sorry.
Old 10-02-2015

Default New Fresh Water Manifold & Adjustable Regulator

Contemplating an updated fresh water manifold with a new pressure regulator? You might find this blog post useful - http://lowestravels.com/rv-modsrepai...ater-manifold/

The source he used for his new pressure regulator has lots of choices https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/P...Regulators.htm