Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 02-15-2017

Default Pacs 1500 inverter HELP!

Okay, we are on the road and maybe i am missing something, what outlets or device's does the inverter operate or how do i make it work. I would like to run down the road without running the genset so my sons and wife can run their laptops. I assume the inverter will power somethig. Please advise how ths device operates.

I have consulted the "blue book" and find nothing about it's operation.

Thank you all in advance!
Old 02-15-2017

I am also wondering about my inverter operation. Sometimes it will run the tv, drapes and a few outlets other times nothing. Do the batteries have to be at a certain voltage level and the inverter cut out when they get low? Good luck bill my blue book also does not have any inverter info but I bet some owners here do.lots of knowledge to be found on the WOG
Old 02-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCoastRob View Post
I am also wondering about my inverter operation. Sometimes it will run the tv, drapes and a few outlets other times nothing. Do the batteries have to be at a certain voltage level and the inverter cut out when they get low? Good luck bill my blue book also does not have any inverter info but I bet some owners here do.lots of knowledge to be found on the WOG
Knowing that little bit of information right there really helps a lot thank you so much! And the outlets are marked auxiliary so we do have power down the road.
Old 02-15-2017

Robert hit the nail on the head Bill, my bird is wired the same way although seems to vary on some buses. If the pac 1500 does not put out power try recycling the on/off with a load such as ice maker or other small electonics. I would replace it with a newer inverter at some point, something more effecient.
Old 02-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFamHotel&Spa View Post
Okay, we are on the road and maybe i am missing something, what outlets or device's does the inverter operate or how do i make it work. I would like to run down the road without running the genset so my sons and wife can run their laptops. I assume the inverter will power somethig. Please advise how ths device operates.

I have consulted the "blue book" and find nothing about it's operation.

Thank you all in advance!
You need to update your signature. What year of coach will most likely make a difference, as to what it powers and doesn't. I don't have a Pacs 1500 and mine operates the icemaker, and plug by the couch and driver's area, plug behind passenger seat, plug under dinette, fridge, micro/convection oven, and a couple of plugs in the bedroom and basement , along with both tvs.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-15-2017
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Dave View Post
Robert hit the nail on the head Bill, my bird is wired the same way although seems to vary on some buses. If the pac 1500 does not put out power try recycling the on/off with a load such as ice maker or other small electonics. I would replace it with a newer inverter at some point, something more effecient.
I thought those were put in for the icemaker? So if it's load sensitive would pop on when the icemaker needs it? Also I'm sure there is a low voltage cutoff too.

Mine did not come with one and most people have replaced them by now as they are old modified sine waves too. I wouldn't run anything expensive on them, especially if it has a motor in it! (clocks, timers, fans, compressors)
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 02-15-2017
Satellite dish installer.

On mine you need to turn on the inverter with a red button on left lower area from drivers seat, and then you need to press the reset button on the same panel.

Les & Debra Willey
LesdotWilleyatSkywaySupplydotca
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 02-15-2017

Output on my pac 1500 is hit or miss when turning on. Manual says inverter needs to sense load if memory serves me right. I do not know about low voltage cut off (you would think so) I do know mine needs to find it's way to the dumpster! I have another hiding in storage.

Last edited by Camper Dave; 02-15-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-15-2017

Mine is similar to what Les has. I have a button above the couch and after Iturn it on I have to hit the reset button for it to work. Is it normal to have to hit the reset every time you use the inverter? Also I was thinking of adding a solar set up and along with it a new inverter. Can anyone suggest one they are happy with?
Old 02-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCoastRob View Post
Mine is similar to what Les has. I have a button above the couch and after Iturn it on I have to hit the reset button for it to work. Is it normal to have to hit the reset every time you use the inverter? Also I was thinking of adding a solar set up and along with it a new inverter. Can anyone suggest one they are happy with?
I think having to press the reset is normal for the PACS. My '86 was like that also until I switched to a Xantrex Prowatt 2000 inverter. The drapes and TV's (front and rear), icemaker, and the outlet by the sink are powered by the inverter. At least they are on mine. The transfer relay is on the wall under the sink. You can probably hear it buzz when you are on shore power.
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com