Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-28-2017

Default When do you air up the suspension

I had a new governor installed because it was taking a long time to build to 120 psi.
A week later i tried to air it up again and it took about 1 hour to get to 120 psi.
I went back to the shop and told them. They said when they removed the governor there was junk in the lines. He said there might be a blockage in the lines and by using it should clear up.

1 week later i wanted to air up the coach and it took over and hour to air up.

I took it back to the shop and it wont build pressure for for the mechanic until he flipped the suspension up switches. He said it went from 50 psi to 120 psi with in 3 min.

When should you flip the air up switches? After it gets to 120 or before?
I told him I thought it was after 120 psi.
Thanks for your help.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 08-28-2017

My coach's brake system will not air up until my suspension is aired up. Once the suspension is full, the brake's pressure will start to build if it has dropped below 120. My brake system is pretty good at holding air even when parked for a few days or more. When I start my coach I put it in high idle and and flip the suspension switch to air up. My dryer will usually purge within about 2 minutes.

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 08-28-2017

I for the life of me can't think of a reason to air it up, with the suspension dumped?

What would be the reason? If you have an air toilet you should have an auxiliary compressor. I would sit forever, waiting for my bus to air up, with the dump valves open. Just sayin'.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 08-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I for the life of me can't think of a reason to air it up, with the suspension dumped?

What would be the reason? If you have an air toilet you should have an auxiliary compressor. I would sit forever, waiting for my bus to air up, with the dump valves open. Just sayin'.
Hi Jim
I guess may be I am not phrasing this correctly. I have a electric toilet and I don't run my auxiliary compressor.
What I mean by air it up is getting the air tank to 120 psi and then flipping the switches to put air into the suspension so I can move the coach. I thought I read on hear wait until the tank gets to 120 psi before putting air into the suspension.
So if I do it the way Dave does, the tank would build pressure quicker and I could get on the way quicker.
Thanks
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 08-28-2017

I do not raise the suspension until I hear the air dryer spit at about 125 psi.

If I try to raise the suspension before then, it seems to take much longer to build pressure, which makes me suspect that I have a leak somewhere.

It really sounds like you have a big leak somewhere when the suspension is down and the compressor can't keep up.
Old 08-28-2017

I do the same as Diego, wait for the dryer then hit the switches. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to 125 lbs. I know I have some minor air leaks.
Alpine, Texas
Full Timing
1989 WB 40 "Roll'n Home"
Blog: www.rhhelpers.com
Old 08-28-2017
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
My coach's brake system will not air up until my suspension is aired up. Once the suspension is full, the brake's pressure will start to build if it has dropped below 120. My brake system is pretty good at holding air even when parked for a few days or more. When I start my coach I put it in high idle and and flip the suspension switch to air up. My dryer will usually purge within about 2 minutes.
Dave, that is not how it is supposed to work. The brakes get the air first, and only, until it get to 65psi and the PPV begin to feed the rest of the system.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 09-08-2017

Default Update

Found a few small air leaks in the front. Replaced the old AD4 air drier with AD9.
The old one was in bad condition, full of rust.
Now instead of going off every minute it goes off maybe every 10 minutes and It airs up much faster.
The funny thing the owner of the place I took it too was also at the Eclipse Rally. He was one of the SOB's there. I think he had a Country Coach.
Its a small world out there
Check your air driers.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4