Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 11-02-2019

Default Lxi headlight ideas

Hey gang,

I just purchased 2 of the headlight covers from Randy to replace my missing drivers side cover that went missing after a drive in a heavy rain. I want to replace the covers and keep the original black raccoon look of the factory spec. I am looking for ideas on how to retrofit the blank slate covers that Randy sells to something that is close to factory spec. I am open to purchasing new lights, etc but there is nothing wrong with what I have other than the cosmetic loss of the panel with the lexan lens and the orange cornering light.

I don't drive much at night so HID and LED suggestions are welcome but it is more about ideas to fit the existing light cluster into the new fascia.

Thanks for your suggestions

Chip
Old 11-02-2019

I've also got a set of the covers from Randy but don't really care about keeping the original look; I'd like to have a setup that actually throws some light out in front of the bus so that I can see at night. I'm open to ripping out what's there and replacing with new. Suggestions are also welcome here.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 11-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahansm View Post
I've also got a set of the covers from Randy but don't really care about keeping the original look; I'd like to have a setup that actually throws some light out in front of the bus so that I can see at night. I'm open to ripping out what's there and replacing with new. Suggestions are also welcome here.

I just put LED bulbs in the OEM lights and it made a world of difference.

I also have covers from Randy but I have not installed them yet because I'm not sure how I want it to look. I eagerly await some pics of ideas, so lets see 'em.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 11-03-2019

My idea

Can’t get the attachment to load. Ummm trying to load my headlight upgrade, not working but this photo did. Still trying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norton.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	65026  

Last edited by jwmp; 11-03-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2019

Sky,

Mind posting part numbers and brands for those LED bulbs? There can be a lot of difference between supposedly identical parts from different suppliers...

Steve

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022