Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
Any update? It would be nice to have a radiator ready to go to swap out.
Sorry for the late update. They didn’t have one they could use as a sample the inventory they keep. They would need a radiator to spec out the new one. I’m okay with sending them mine, it would have to be in a few weeks after the Lake Havasu fireworks rally. The guy said $1250 is the average for the other birds he has done, It could be less and if they build a few I think like 5 we can get a group discount. I’m probably going with these guys, it will be a all new unit and they seem to have a good reputation. They have built for two SP owners they can probably speak to the quality of lack of it as may be.

I have another conversation with them late February.
If anyone has any experience with different cores 5 row, 4 row, 3row and can post recommendations they would be helpful.
Old 01-29-2020
1980 FC31 SB

Howdy,
I replaced my 3 core radiator with one that has 4 cores.
I don’t know if the 3 core radiator was “clean” or partially clogged but on warm days the Horton would kick on and off regularly on flat ground at highway speeds.
The 4 core radiator definitely performes better than the original.
The Horton fan now almost never comes on when traveling at speed on flat ground.
But the 4 core was a new “clean” radiator.
I still run hotter than I would like on the 7% grade climbing the Rockies eastbound on I80 coming out of Salt Lake City towing a Honda CRV toad on a hot day.

Worth noting is the 4th core actually added to the depth of the radiator.
On my 1980 FC the radiator core is positioned toward the rear of the bus (or closest to the fan).
There was a little less than an inch of unused space in front of the 3 core radiator.
The 4 core replacement filled this space so the total radiator depth is greater than the 3 core was.