Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 02-03-2020

Default RV Inspectors? Recommendations?

I'm starting to get a handle on how much, and which model BB I'm serious about. I see a few of them on CL, RVT, etc., and most are on the other side of the country from me (I'm in CA). Does anyone have recommendations for RV inspectors that they've used and trust? Seems like the southeast is the big place right now - SC, FL, etc.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2020

So is there a year and model you are looking to purchase?
2003 Jeep Rubicon
Old 02-03-2020

Official RV “inspectors” rarely travel beyond their local area or sometimes the state where they reside. Very few know much about Wanderlodges. So in general I’d avoid purchasing long distance, even with an inspector.

The most expensive parts to fix/replace on any coach are the drivetrain and mechanical parts like brakes and suspension. For those areas you can usually get a Cummins, Detroit or Cat shop to take a look, for a a fee of course and only when you are close to making a deal. Before that and for an overall condition assessment of the coach that is typically accomplished before you get too serious, a Wanderlodge owner WOG member who lives near your “target coach” can give you a good idea if it’s worth pursuing. I’ve done that a couple times long distance, taking lots of pictures and giving my opinion before the potential purchaser committed to flying out to see the coach in person. If you find one you’re really serious about, soliciting help with it here on the WOG might work. Last month I helped a new to BB couple, and met with them at an M450 they were considering. While I don’t own one, I could still give them a good idea of what I thought about the coach condition. Mostly that means doing a walk around with the potential buyer and pointing out potential issues as I saw them. I also ask if they’ve tried all the systems to see if everything works and then look over the PO’s records. With that couple, they’d already done this and just needed a “second opinion”. However if you find a coach that looks good at a distance, there’s no substitute for seeing it in-person. Deals can be had on CL and the other internet services while exercising great caution, but only with a buyer beware mindset... Lastly, don’t forget Randy D’s BBBB. He can save you allot of time and $$ because he knows Bird coaches. I looked for two years before finding “the one”. In the end, Randy had listed it two different times and he hooked me up with the seller. There were still some issues, but it worked out well and the coach is still going strong 7 years later.

Good luck with your search!
Old 02-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEZER View Post
So is there a year and model you are looking to purchase?
I'm leaning towards a mid-90's to early 00's, either WB or LX(i). I'm comfortable with either the S60 or Cummins engines. Not sure I want to get into the 8v92, because I'm not sure how far I'd have to go to get it serviced.

I know that's a pretty wide range, but I think I'm getting closer.
Old 02-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Official RV “inspectors” rarely travel beyond their local area or sometimes the state where they reside.
Thanks for that info. I was hoping to have someone I could have give it a once-over before I flew out to look myself, and I hate asking favors of the great people around here when I'm not even sure exactly what I want.

Quote:
Lastly, don’t forget Randy D’s BBBB. He can save you allot of time and $$ because he knows Bird coaches.
I'm definitely staying on top of what I'm seeing on BBBB - I'm just trying to widen my search a little since I'm not really sure what's going to work best.

There's a 2000 LX40 on there that's really nice, but I'm not sure I can handle the black/silver color scheme.

Also, there are 3 WB40's - 91, 92, and 93 - that look nice, but there are a couple of things I'm not really sure about - the 8v92's, for example.

Maybe I should just call Randy....
Old 02-03-2020

Course one of those is mine ;}

The 93 in Sedona...
If you have any questions you can ask me or Randy!

https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...JoGa12232019WB

Sedona is nice this time of year if you want to come take a look...

-Joe

'93 WB40, Alligator - Sold
Sedona, AZ
Still having fun- even though the the BlueBirds Away!
Old 02-03-2020
RV Appraiser

Billy, As an appraiser I have looked at too many birds to count. Some were for the buyers as well as sellers. I also do insurance appraisal work, and appraisals for loan applications. Once I went to New Hampshire and looked at a 2001 LXi SS for a couple who bought it site unseen based on my evaluation. Jerry McD assisted me on that one. After the purchase I was also hired to deliver the newly purchased coach to Southeast Texas. The couple toured the country in it for 3 years and eventually Randy sold it again. If I can help just give me a call.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 02-03-2020

Rob Roninson's 99 LXI is in Hemet Ca, and is listed on Randy's site. You might want to have a look at it.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 02-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeKille View Post
I'm starting to get a handle on how much, and which model BB I'm serious about. I see a few of them on CL, RVT, etc., and most are on the other side of the country from me (I'm in CA). Does anyone have recommendations for RV inspectors that they've used and trust? Seems like the southeast is the big place right now - SC, FL, etc.

Thanks.
Billy, if there's anything in the SE USA you want me to look at for you, feel free to reach out.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 02-03-2020

I used the WOG inspectors.. A nice gentleman on here went and looked at it in Houston for us.... Based on that we decided to fly out and see it and we then purchased it. If you want an more depth inspection, I would definitely take John up on his offer.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460