Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 03-24-2011

Default Radiator Swing Hose Sizes

We are doing the radiator swing on our 1980 FC and was wondering if anyone remembers right off the size and length of the radiator hose and transmission coolant hoses you went with. Also what type/size fittings go to the radiator for the trans hoses? Thanks!
Eddie
Old 03-24-2011

I use a bunch of 2" universal, probably 36" each for the radiator, two up top and two down low. I bought a 10' section (NAPA) of the 1" reenforced heater hose for the bypass, used about 4". The transmission lines I did not put on, the PO did, sorry.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 03-24-2011

Thanks for the reply! It will get me started anyway! Not looking forward to doing the transmission lines I hear they are a bear to get to.
Old 03-24-2011
Timberlake Products Group

Edward,

There is lots of info here on swing radiators. I did one myself and hope the link below will get you there? John Finn has info too and if this link is wrong, he will make it work (what a guy!)

I had new transmission lines made and they were 16" longer than std. See the pictures...

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...swing+radiator

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 03-24-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2011

Hydraulic quick disconnects with dry break work stellar, like with farm or industrial implements. Excessive length of pressure hoses isn't always best, even if it is common place in the application. Using the 87/89 FC as a point of reference to build my swing: the upper hose is disconnected from the rad after draining 2 gallons, quarter turn valve and hose assy to container, remove clamps from charge air cooler, pop off the trans lines remove two bolts and open the front close to 90 degrees, NOT like the 87/89 deal.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 03-27-2011

I am about 1/3 way through the swing radator project. As Mike H noted above I will be using the quick disconnects in a short enough length to keep the hard pipe portion up inside the frame and protected from road debris. Another side note, on my 82 I tried the NAPA 90 and could not trim it short enough to avoid contact with the PS pump w/o the the rad outlet extending into the 90 and restricting flow, also I did not acheive a full 90 degree swing. I will be hard piping with a tighter bend and then going to the other side of the rad before installing the flex joint.

Andy