Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse Donate
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-08-2021

Default Entry door step light want come one when

First the light does work with the switch next to co-pilot seat. The switch cuts on the light in both directions, with door closed or open.

I know there is a push switch in the door jam and that has been replaced. I am just try to figure out if there is a relay behind the breast plate or something else. Anyone know of an electrical diagram for the wiring in and around the door switches next to the door, and anything else in that area.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
Paint and Body tech, Diamondshield or 3M Removal, Mobile, working for a living. 30yr experience.
Old 03-08-2021

Sean, are you talking about the three position switch, which should have the Step Well light, either:

1) Stay on in one of the switches position, with the door open or closed
2) Off all the time, with the door open or closed
3) Step Well light turns on, with the door opening and light turns off with the door closed, in the last switch position

If this is what you are questioning, George Morris has the fix (Ron Rueckwell sent me a marked up wiring print) to create the switch to work in three positions properly. As the story goes BlueBird did not correctly wire the light properly. I have heard of a few people that have corrected this situation, but I have not worked in the area to correct it myself. I was told the area to correct the wiring is by the door hing.

Hope this is what you are looking for!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STEPWELL ALTERNATE WIRING - trimmed.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	73859  
Old 03-08-2021

Default Entry door step light

Thank you, this problem is on my list to correct. When I get it done I will post what it took me to correct it.
1966 Citroen "Deux Chevaux" TOAD
1980 FC Sold
Old 03-09-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPHAT1 View Post
Sean, are you talking about the three position switch, which should have the Step Well light, either:

1) Stay on in one of the switches position, with the door open or closed
2) Off all the time, with the door open or closed
3) Step Well light turns on, with the door opening and light turns off with the door closed, in the last switch position

If this is what you are questioning, George Morris has the fix (Ron Rueckwell sent me a marked up wiring print) to create the switch to work in three positions properly. As the story goes BlueBird did not correctly wire the light properly. I have heard of a few people that have corrected this situation, but I have not worked in the area to correct it myself. I was told the area to correct the wiring is by the door hing.

Hope this is what you are looking for!
Thanks Gunner, that is my problem. Switch only cuts the lights on in either direction. Door jam switch has no effect.

Hopefully Ron might see this and chime in. Lucas let’s get in touch.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
Paint and Body tech, Diamondshield or 3M Removal, Mobile, working for a living. 30yr experience.