Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:

Old 07-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance & Terry View Post
1/16 the cost. Am I reading that right?
I actually made a typo on that - it's actually 1/13th the price. But still......

I do have to say that I've got a LOT of additional items quoted with them in addition to the BB so I know that can make a decent difference in some cases.
(678) 438-3184
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks
Old 07-11-2018
Old Fart

Went to Better Business Bureau site.
Good and bad was about 50%.
In a horse barn with hookups for the winter

I'm so thankful that I had a childhood before technology took over...
Old 07-11-2018

1/3 or 1/13 ?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 07-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
1/3 or 1/13 ?
It was 1/13 which doesn't matter really since Auto-Owners came back and said they will only do ACV and not agreed value as they had originally told the agency. I thought that sounded too good to be true.

Progressive won't cover us under agreed value - says they only cover newer coaches.....and that is from the underwriters via two agencies.

Safeco will write an agreed value policy and will recognize the appraisal. Anyone have any thoughts on their experience with them? I'm looking at putting everything we have with them so any details are appreciated.

Sheesh....what a chore.......
(678) 438-3184
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks
Old 07-11-2018
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiavette View Post
It was 1/13 which doesn't matter really since Auto-Owners came back and said they will only do ACV and not agreed value as they had originally told the agency. I thought that sounded too good to be true. Auto Owner key word is Auto

Progressive won't cover us under agreed value - says they only cover newer coaches.....and that is from the underwriters via two agencies. BS, that's not true we have dozens of folk with Progressive who have much older birds than you with Agreed Value on their bird I'd call back & ask to speak with a supervisor!

Safeco will write an agreed value policy and will recognize the appraisal. Anyone have any thoughts on their experience with them? I'm looking at putting everything we have with them so any details are appreciated. I have Safeco and they paid out 100% less my deductible on a faux pas I had going to Myrtle Beach.

Lastly I went through an RV Insurance Brokerage firm to secure my policy with Safeco

Sheesh....what a chore.......
I have no affiliation with any of the above mentioned. If you need a good bathroom read, go back and read my postings on insurance & agreed value.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-11-2018

Yep. I have Progressive with an agreed value on my 88. Did it all from the Progressive web site where they even estimated the value at $47,500 or so. About to renew for my third year paying about $1200 a year.
Old 07-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
I have no affiliation with any of the above mentioned. If you need a good bathroom read, go back and read my postings on insurance & agreed value.
Thanks John. I've read it several times and have been referring back to it. The independent agency that quoted me the Auto-Owners also quoted via Progressive and never could get a Supervisor or Manager to come back with an agreed value quote so I gave up on them.

Since I posted last Thum came back and said National General was no longer offering agreed value and they had no other options for me.

I also reached out to RIS Agency who I believe Dave Stokes mentioned here and I've been able to get a quote from their carriers for agreed value. One carrier was Progressive but the $$$$$ took my breath away.
The other carrier was Safeco. Their pricing was much more user friendly so it looks like we'll be securing coverage with them. It also looks like they can cover our myriad of other insurance needs which is a win/win for us.
(678) 438-3184
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks
Old 07-11-2018
RV Appraiser

Thum tried to offer me Progressive but I declined, then they suggested Safeco, who I accepted. I just renewed after our claim, which only rose about $50.
RIS are good good people too. Sounds like you got it covered.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiavette View Post

I also reached out to RIS Agency who I believe Dave Stokes mentioned here and I've been able to get a quote from their carriers for agreed value. One carrier was Progressive but the $$$$$ took my breath away.
The other carrier was Safeco. Their pricing was much more user friendly so it looks like we'll be securing coverage with them. It also looks like they can cover our myriad of other insurance needs which is a win/win for us.

I am not familiar with RIS but if John says they are good people... I had my original policy written through Twin Peaks Insurance agency in Ft. Lauderdale, but when Blue Sky dropped RV coverage they didn't try too hard to find me a new policy. I now use Veritas Insurance Group and have been happy with them. They wrote me a policy with National General and when National dropped RVs Veritas simply transferred my policy to Safeco and sent me a letter.

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes
Old 07-12-2018

grundy mvp covers all of my cars - new vintage and wanderlodge - with agreed value coverage. they dont offer coverage in all states,and require cars in multiple categories to qualify, but.... around 800 year for 25k on my 87 if i recall correctly (that should drop a bit when i get the nephew off the plan...). never had any arguement about values on anything (even my '13 mini gp2 that i insured at 2x market because we started with only 500 in the us...)