Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Red face Not quite a bird..but close enough

So after a little absence and a lot of under the bridge stuff i just had to return.
The draw if the Wanderlodge , and now to explain before i cause any more confusion in any other posts.
Some may remember i tried to buy and import 'Over the Rainbow' a number of years ago but when the costs reached stupid numbers i realised the dream had died, and after offers to come and visit your roadshows which i cannot take up (thank you for the invite) i am going for the next best thing to me.
I have done much reading and printing and trying to fathom your manuals along with any pictures available and so now it begins.
I have started a very long process to build a scale model (2 choices are 'Over the rainbow' or 'Just Wandering', the first because its close to my heart and the second type because there are some amazing pictures that i hope to use.
trouble is i will never see a real one and trying to do a scale drawing has proved much more difficult than i anticipated but i feel i am making progress.
It will be a 1:6 scale and i have started to make a real running V8 (about 7" long), it has to be petrol which is a shame but to do a diesel is not feasible, i have the drawings to make an auto box but that will probably be 3d Printed.
Anyway i thought i should just throw this in in case i cause confusion and members wonder why on earth i am asking questions like that from across the pond.
I am sorry if this does not belong on the WOG site but having been a member for some years i hope that i can get my own Wanderlodge either one will do me and also along the way that i do not infringe anyone's rights by doing this.

Geordie

Malc- Hexham, Northumberland-UK
Only a Dream: FC model, 78-83 ish like 'Over the Rainbow'

Last edited by Geordie; 1 Week Ago at 03:32 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

You only get one ride in your life, so you better enjoy it while you can.
Many have retired to America from England and have become US citizens and are living their dream, so why wait, live your dream for real and remember, You only get ONE RIDE.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhodes View Post
You only get one ride in your life, so you better enjoy it while you can.
Many have retired to America from England and have become US citizens and are living their dream, so why wait, live your dream for real and remember, You only get ONE RIDE.
I totally agree one ride and i do enjoy it well only 10 years to retirement

Just image the amount of info i can mass building this model (accurate to air bags ) i'll feel i m there with ya all

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
So after a little absence and a lot of under the bridge stuff i just had to return.
The draw if the Wanderlodge , and now to explain before i cause any more confusion in any other posts.
Some may remember i tried to buy and import 'Over the Rainbow' a number of years ago but when the costs reached stupid numbers i realised the dream had died, and after offers to come and visit your roadshows which i cannot take up (thank you for the invite) i am going for the next best thing to me.
I have done much reading and printing and trying to fathom your manuals along with any pictures available and so now it begins.
I have started a very long process to build a scale model (2 choices are 'Over the rainbow' or 'Just Wandering', the first because its close to my heart and the second type because there are some amazing pictures that i hope to use.
trouble is i will never see a real one and trying to do a scale drawing has proved much more difficult than i anticipated but i feel i am making progress.
It will be a 1:6 scale and i have started to make a real running V8 (about 7" long), it has to be petrol which is a shame but to do a diesel is not feasible, i have the drawings to make an auto box but that will probably be 3d Printed.
Anyway i thought i should just throw this in in case i cause confusion and members wonder why on earth i am asking questions like that from across the pond.
I am sorry if this does not belong on the WOG site but having been a member for some years i hope that i can get my own Wanderlodge either one will do me and also along the way that i do not infringe anyone's rights by doing this.

Geordie
I recall when you were talking about this before. I also recall that I mentioned that in Germany there is a bus that you could possibly use as a "model" for your plans. The owner goes by Ernst on this forum. He has not been very active lately, but maybe you can send him a private message and try and get together, so you can actually lay hands on a Wanderlodge that is the similar style you are interested in. Best of luck.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I recall when you were talking about this before. I also recall that I mentioned that in Germany there is a bus that you could possibly use as a "model" for your plans. The owner goes by Ernst on this forum. He has not been very active lately, but maybe you can send him a private message and try and get together, so you can actually lay hands on a Wanderlodge that is the similar style you are interested in. Best of luck.
Good memory that rings a bell now, thank you although not being part of the EU soon will make that harder