Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Care and Upkeep

Care and Upkeep Let's face it, it has to be done. Have questions of what to do or how to do it, this is the place to talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago
thumbqdm@gmail.com

Default Love-The-One-You're-With

Like most current owners, I always enjoy looking at used BB's offered for sale, whether on BBBB, Ebay, CL, or others. Yes, there is always a little bit of "bus envy" when I look at a well maintained coach that offers more length and interior room than what I have. Generally we're not talking about newer coaches, instead most of the time they are just "bigger".

Also, often seen when reading posts about the used BB offerings I see comments such as "no room to store it" or "won't fit in my Bird Cage". I totally understand those comments because I bought my M380 because it was the biggest I could store in my polebarn.

So I got to thinking that it would be fun to start a thread dedicated to BB indoor storage solutions. I'm sure most guys, like me, are as proud of their BB storage as they are of their BB. Just like a part of the family, a BB owner wants to keep their baby safely tucked away when not in use, budgets allowing. I'm sure there are some pretty innovative storage solutions, along with some top-of-the-line Bird's Nests out there.

Let me get the ball rolling. The attached photos show our 38' polebarn and our 38 1/2' M380. I knew before I bought the coach that I was going to have to allow the front cap to encroach into my workshop. I'll be constructing a 2' deep enclosure around the front cap so I can maintain my heated workshop during the Michigan winters. The coach is already winterized and ready for the thermometer to drop.

So while I still enjoy looking at bigger coaches, realistically my next BB related expenditure will be a concrete floor in my polebarn! And maybe, just maybe after I retire I can add some kind of heat in the polebarn to eliminate the need to winterize. But being in the country and on propane heat I may have to resort to wood heat. For now I'll keep buying lottery tickets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2819W.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	64601   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2352.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	64602  
2006 Jeep Wrangler
Old 1 Week Ago

The first things I fixed were the engine hatch springs so I didn't have to store that broom anymore.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bus Pine Mountain.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	64603  

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35
Old 1 Week Ago

Carmine , your left hand on that bumper scares me . Only that broom stands between holding a fork with the left hand. Lets get those shocks replaces ASAP . I had a guy brake his 2 bones in his arm on my PT86 years back . That hatch will fall so fast there will be no time to move your hand .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Carmine , your left hand on that bumper scares me . Only that broom stands between holding a fork with the left hand. Lets get those shocks replaces ASAP . I had a guy brake his 2 bones in his arm on my PT86 years back . That hatch will fall so fast there will be no time to move your hand .
And I'm a lefty, too! Can barely shake hands with my right (can't drink coffee through my right ear, either)

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbqdm View Post
So I got to thinking that it would be fun to start a thread dedicated to BB indoor storage solutions. I'm sure most guys, like me, are as proud of their BB storage as they are of their BB. Just like a part of the family, a BB owner wants to keep their baby safely tucked away when not in use, budgets allowing. I'm sure there are some pretty innovative storage solutions, along with some top-of-the-line Bird's Nests out there.
So if I'm reading this right it's a thread to share our Bird Houses. As a fellow Michigan thumb residence I thought I would contribute. I just completed my 2 year expansion project before I brought our new to us bird home last year. Came off the end of my 30 x 40 work shop which comes off the end of our horse arena. The dimensions are 18 x 48, limited by space and wanting to heat. Next step is insulation and steel on inside. Smaller bay is for horse trailer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BB Barn.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	64618  

Dale & Lynn Cash
Kimball, MI
1997 WB43
Old 5 Days Ago

My concrete is almost down. All the permits, forms and rebar are in. Once I get the new driveway and slab, the 18/45 garage goes up. I know I carried on about that 96 450 LXI that has been for sale on E bay this week. I called it coach lust. I am happy with my 03 40 Lx. I have a lot or work planned for it once I can get it in my back yard. Soon as the bird house it up. I post some pics. Its taking half my back yard lol. So no pool. Talk about choices. Wife is good with it. I am lucky man.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Days Ago

This is our birds nest along with a boat, horse trailer, utility trailer, tractor .......
We only have 12’ side walls so when we added on to our shed we raised the truss bottom cord just in case we got a taller RV. The shed is full but I still have room to work on the coach.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7B26A24E-9138-42B1-B799-81AB0527AA95.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	64639   Click image for larger version

Name:	94B46E43-C1F5-414A-A291-945CC1E2B546.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	64640   Click image for larger version

Name:	F303AA56-8CFB-4E7A-81B0-D8661CD7B7E7.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	64641   Click image for larger version

Name:	C2788DE5-CC04-4409-ABFB-4082F4291AC1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	64642  
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 2 Days Ago
thumbqdm@gmail.com

Thanks Dale and Alan. It's nice to see how others shelter their babies Chris - Send pic's once your project is completed. I'm sure we're all guilty of coach lust at some point, but when it comes down to it the limiting factors usually win out ($$, storage, condition, and need).
2006 Jeep Wrangler