Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors

Vendors Share feedback of your experiences, good or bad, with different vendors you have dealt with.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default TYCO (Formerly Bosch) Relays for your 'Bird

The old BOSCH relays are now manufactured to the same quality and specifications, by TYCO* and they can be used for various projects on your Blue Bird coach. I also sell just the relay socket/pigtails if that is all that you need, email me for prices on those.

You can view the above RELAY / SOCKET kits that I have for sale by going to the link under the picture above, be sure to click on NEXT at the right of each page to see more information and uses for these relays, there are many of these types of relays found throughout some of the Wanderlodges, so my advice is to keep a few spares on hand.

Along with the Voltage and Amperage ratings these relays are TYCO V23234-A1001-X036 / SPDT 12VX20/30A amp rated (Equivalent to Bosch #0 332 209 150), also look at the male spade connectors on the bottom of your relay and compare the spade position numbers to determine if these relays will fit your application. Seen below are the spade numbers on my Tyco relays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
DIFFERENT MEMBERS CONTRIBUTED HOW THEY MODIFIED THE HEADLIGHTS & TAILLIGHTS & BACKUP LIGHTS, ON THEIR 'BIRDS TO MAKE THEM BRIGHTER
  • COMBINED FILE OF HEADLIGHT AND TAILLIGHT RELAY UPGRADES.pdf
    Here you will find a combined PDF file of both a two relay and a four relay headlight upgrade and a taillight relay upgrade. All of these upgrades will greatly improve the headlights and the taillights respectively on your early model 'Bird. Our thanks goes out to Curt Sprenger and John Finn for their joint contribution.
  • HEADLIGHT RELAY UPGRADE.pdf
    J Darst provided this wiring schematic he used to upgrade his headlights
  • headlite.jpg
    Headlight circuit with Bosch relays wiring diagram, thanks to Stephen Birtles
  • RelayCircuits.jpg
  • Two different wiring diagrams for relay and lights, one turning on with power and the other turning on with ground, thanks to Stephen Birtles

Send me an email at iamflagman@aol.com for more information or call me at 803-783-7137

* Full Press Release
http://www.tycoelectronics.com/aboutus/news/prodnews.asp?id=910
BENSHEIM, Germany - December 27, 2005 -- Tyco Electronics is to acquire the automotive relay business of Robert Bosch GmbH subject to anti-trust regulatory approvals. This business is to be integrated into the relay segment of Tyco Electronics Global Automotive Division and will be transferred to the Tyco Electronics Automotive Relays Competency Centre in Evora / Portugal.
The acquisition of these product lines provides an excellent platform for Tyco Electronics for the expansion of the 24 V businesses for trucks and busses, in the high current segment as well as in the spare part and retrofit markets, in which Bosch will continue to act as the sales channel for Tyco Electronics.
Tyco Electronics, a business segment of Tyco International Ltd., is the world's largest passive electronic components manufacturer; a leader in cutting-edge wireless components, complete power systems, and premise wiring components and systems; and a provider of critical communications systems to the Land Mobile Radio industry.
Tyco Electronics provides advanced technology products from over forty well-known and respected brands, including Agastat, Alcoswitch, AMP, AMP NETCONNECT, Buchanan, CII, CoEv, Critchley, Elcon, Elo TouchSystems, M/A-COM, Madison Cable, OEG, Potter & Brumfield, Raychem, Schrack and Simel.
Tyco is a trademark. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press Contact:
Tyco Electronics Corporation
Petra Streifler
Manager PR & Advertising
AMP貥str. 7-11
63225 Langen
Germany
phone: + 49 6103 709 1699
fax: + 49 6103 709 1619
e-mail: pstreifler@tycoelectronics.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TYCO RELAY MALE SPADE NUMBERS..jpg
Views:	3810
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	13063   Click image for larger version

Name:	TYCO RELAY 2013 m.jpg
Views:	1943
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	24474  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11

Last edited by iamflagman; 01-08-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Closed Thread