Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-23-2010
Got One

Default Fasco Electric Heaters

Morning everyone. I'm still working on my "first trip journal", getting it ready to post, but in between the time I can't help but work on some of the things inside my bird that need attention. I put three oil filled electric convection heaters in the bird (one in the bath area, one mid ship and one in the salon). I have the coach plugged into a 50 amp service, and my cabinet doors are open to let heat in around the plumbing (just like my trailer home dayz) I have two built in Fasco electric heaters that are not working, one of them is lying flatin the bedroom area under one of the bunks and has the thermostat control knob completely snapped off (I'm guessing it must have been accidentley kick off), and the other is in the gally positioned upright. Where are the fuses/breakers for the onboard electric heaters and can I still get parts for these heaters, or can I buy updated plug-n-play replacements Can I check the AC inpute voltage to the heaters with my volt meter, or should I go buy a an AC home receptical outlet tester Thanks
Old 12-23-2010

Rich, those turn on by the driver with the air conditioner switches
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 12-23-2010

The ACs will run w/the heaters so turn them off. You might have heat strips in the ACs but they do little when colder than 40 degrees. Read the markings on the switches, on my FCrb the front toggle powers the rear AC and heater under the road side bunk. The bath heater should work independant of the AC circuits. I had to service all my heaters there is a sensor on the heater box that get real sensitive. I got new heaters out of a place in Beaverton OR, had to modify them a little but most of the components interchanged or were usable.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 12-23-2010
Got One

Thanks guys. Heres what I did. I took the gally Fasco heater out and cleaned it really good. It was filthy. I then turned on all of the overhead dash switches after reassembellying and installing the gally heater I checked the incoming AC voltage receptical on the heater with my meter and it showed 120 vac. I then checked the heater plug for continutiy with my meter set on audio alert, and the plug checked out okay. In any event, the heater will not turn on. Where do I go from here? I cleaned the bathroom heater too, but it will only run for about a minute before it shuts off. The bedroom heater is going to need parts, so I havn't messed with it yet. However, since learing about the overhead dash switches, the salon heater works good.
Old 12-23-2010

Probably the sensor on the heater box, it's about the size of a quarter.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

Old 12-23-2010
Got One

Mike, where would I find a new sensor? I may take the bedroom heater apart and use the guts on the gally box to see if things will work.
Old 12-23-2010

Mine would do the same thing. Run for a little bit and shut off . Ended up being the thermastate inside the swltch. Over years it gets week. I found you can bend the limet tabs inside and get it to shut off at higher temps witch lets it run longer.
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 12-23-2010
Administrator

The Fasco has a micro switch, that could be defective, and it is tripped by the internal thermostat behind the knob, it can also be adjusted with an Allen key wrench. The Fasco can also be rewired for 500 watts, or 1000 watts, or 1500 watts, or 2000 watts.
Old 12-23-2010

I don't have any adjustments on the heaters in my coach. The cabinet sensor can be jumped to verify operation. I did replace all my thermostats. I bought Cadet heaters, can't find the name of the place I got them from, but they were on the Cadet site and they are in Beaverton OR.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

Old 12-23-2010
Got One

Well I tried using the guts from the bedroom heater in the gally heater box and had no result, so I'm somewhat perplexed now. I contacted Grainger to see what kind of replacement parts they had for the Fasco 2450 and discovered there was not much. While speaking with the sales person, they have a toekick heater (model #2YV10) that will fit into the space, but the heater is only 14 1/8" long. The Fasco heater is approx. 22".